What's new

Rising Corona Numbers Did the US Give Up the Fight?

With everyone in this thread telling you otherwise, you'd think you'd be the one to get it. But no.... you keep doubling down like the retard you are.

I still hold the belief that one of you will "get it". But you're right, I did say I was done with it.

With everyone in this thread telling you otherwise, you'd think you'd be the one to get it. But no.... you keep doubling down like the retard you are.

Me, the world and about half of America's citizens, yea. ;)
The retweet from Trumpycat.... sealed that deal.

Nope. You, the other cucks, and the MSM. Americans are smart enough to not swallow the load. You, not so much. Sad, really.

if Germany starts to pay their 2% GDP to NATO like they are contractually obligated to, do you think that will have an effect on how much money your government gives to you every month? or will it affect how much they take from you too?

if Germany starts to pay their 2% GDP to NATO like they are contractually obligated to, do you think that will have an effect on how much money your government gives to you every month? or will it affect how much they take from you too?

In fact, there is no obligation, it's a promise - until 2024
Also, look at the gdp of Greece vs. Germany. What means 2% now?

Germany is paying about 67 billion. They have the 4rth largest ARmy in the Nato. We pay more to NATO than the 19 weakest NATO partners.

Add in the fact that the USA is basically the leader in the NATO - with the biggest army and nuclear prowess - AND with the largest budget by far - being the world police.

So no, those "missing" 0.something percent would really affect anything at all.

Nope. You, the other cucks, and the MSM. Americans are smart enough to not swallow the load. You, not so much. Sad, really.

Don't know which America you live in ;) but it must be a very small local bubble of small town / farmland freedom? The MSM is .-.. wait for it AMERICANS!

Joshua Dairen writes: https://medium.com/@jmiller1993/covi...a-93563d51fea1

345345gh.jpg

Martin Luther King Jr. said, “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.”

The country did not listen and it has failed to ever adopt this as a foundational truth to exist by. Instead, it feeds us propaganda that we are the greatest and most moral country on the planet. With that arrogance, we stick our noses up at other countries and then stick our noses up at our own people when they need our help.

Individualism continues to rip the fabric of our society by unceasingly promoting apathy and ignorance towards the concerns of other people. It scoffs at the sight of equal human rights and protection. It doesn’t care for the sick or the poor or the person of color. It detests the thought of teamwork and it refuses to lay down its own ideals for the sake of anyone else or the greater good.

Oh, the irony.:rolleyes:
I live in the real America fuckface. The MSM is lying to you. Holy hell you cant be that dense.
Same shit, over and over with you.

Don't know which America you live in ;) but it must be a very small local bubble of small town / farmland freedom? The MSM is .-.. wait for it AMERICANS!

Oh, the irony.:rolleyes:
I live in the real America fuckface. The MSM is lying to you. Holy hell you cant be that dense.
Same shit, over and over with you.

Actually, the same amount of American friends - actual humans I talk to power telephone or chat - are totally on "my side" of the argument, as there are irates on the other side.

Who is to say "your" side is correct?

Actually, the same amount of American friends - actual humans I talk to power telephone or chat - are totally on "my side" of the argument, as there are irates on the other side.

Who is to say "your" side is correct?

You'd think truth, actual numbers and sanity would be what makes "my side" correct:rolleyes:But no, just because your government says otherwise, you follow along helplessly so you can keep getting that check every month.
Our governor just shut shit down again... masks must be really helping the situation, but if they are the answer, why keep shutting shit down, oh, because the masks aren't doing anything to stifle the spread of the virus... mostly because a mask alone is not the answer, you need a system to keep safe from a virus. Full gown, face mask, face shield, medical pants, booties on your shoes, and gloves, all of which must be changed after every exposure, not to be worn all day then discarded/ cleaned... mask mandates are bullshit because it's only a small part of a system that protects people from exposure to viruses you ****y commie

The cure is the election. After the election no matter who wins all of a sudden black lives wont matter and as far as the virus goes you wont hear 10 percent of what you hear now on the news.

Don't you guys get bored of arguing/debating nonstop about this shit?

The cure is the election. After the election no matter who wins all of a sudden black lives wont matter and as far as the virus goes you wont hear 10 percent of what you hear now on the news.

Well great that you wrote this, we can revisit in some days ;)

Well one of his Tweets this morning was to suggest delaying the election. Guess it’s not safe to vote but it’s somehow safe to send all the kids to school 🤨

Last edited:
Well one of his Tweets this morning was to suggest delaying the election. Guess it’s not safe to vote but it’s somehow safe to send all the kids to school 🤨

which is stupid.

does the inverse then hold true? anybody who thinks it is silly to delay the election must also think it is silly to close schools and business :confused:

where do I sign up to say that elections should happen on schedule and schools and business should be open.

That's probably the point he is making. If you haven't noticed his negotiating style your not paying much attention. Ask for the extreme and meet back where you wanted to be. He probably has a tweet waiting for them to start losing their shit so he can make the point.

That's probably the point he is making. If you haven't noticed his negotiating style your not paying much attention. Ask for the extreme and meet back where you wanted to be. He probably has a tweet waiting for them to start losing their shit so he can make the point.

Epic trolling abilities

which is stupid.

does the inverse then hold true? anybody who thinks it is silly to delay the election must also think it is silly to close schools and business :confused:

where do I sign up to say that elections should happen on schedule and schools and business should be open.

Mail-in ballots.

And don't tell me mail-in voting is now suddenly not secure. I've been doing it for the last 11, so if that's the case, the results of the last 11 years worth of elections would be suspect.

Mail-in ballots.

And don't tell me mail-in voting is now suddenly not secure. I've been doing it for the last 11, so if that's the case, the results of the last 11 years worth of elections would be suspect.

i'm a mail voter as well, i'm not opposed to it but I also strongly believe that in person should be an option. states that are forced to switch to 100% mail are going to have issues, it needs to be phased in but has been a state choice for a long time and is incompatible with same day registration schemes.

i'm a mail voter as well, i'm not opposed to it but I also strongly believe that in person should be an option. states that are forced to switch to 100% mail are going to have issues, it needs to be phased in but has been a state choice for a long time and is incompatible with same day registration schemes.

agree. We stand in 6 ft. apart lines and wear masks at the store here. I don't see why we couldn't do the same for voting. I also rate the risk of infection to spending 30 minutes in line at the voting booth as much lower than kids in a classroom from 8 - 3, five days a week.

My oldest would be starting pre-school this year, and boy would it make our lives easier if he could, not to mention how valuable more interaction with his peers would be, but at least in our area, cases have gone up rather than down, so he's staying home for the time being.

agree. We stand in 6 ft. apart lines and wear masks at the store here. I don't see why we couldn't do the same for voting. I also rate the risk of infection to spending 30 minutes in line at the voting booth as much lower than kids in a classroom from 8 - 3, five days a week.

My oldest would be starting pre-school this year, and boy would it make our lives easier if he could, not to mention how valuable more interaction with his peers would be, but at least in our area, cases have gone up rather than down, so he's staying home for the time being.

indeed, i'm a long way from understanding how masks make a difference with 3-6' of distance as well as covering a cough with a physical barrier such as an arm.

the school closure stuff is absurd, especially for children under 10. daycares have remained open and haven't been linked to transmission even when adults were still in the area picking up/dropping off, brief interactions, before masks were "a thing" for the general population. if there is any evidence to suggest that young kids, who are hellacious to get to wear masks and distance and benefit the most from interaction and emotional signaling through in person interactions, i'd be interested to see it. there is currently a significant hill, possibly a mountain, of information that demonstrates elementary schools are as safe or more safe than kids staying at home.

hell we can easily see how schools are beneficial for moderate to well off family units, just think of how much worse it is for poor or unhealthy family units. it's a pretty damned inhumane ask of the country, as far as i'm concerned with the evidence we have 6 months into this thing.

Or to protest shoulder to shoulder in crowds of thousands of people for "justice". I would think voting, on the surface, would have the same importance.

Voting would be easy as hell to render "safe" from Corona, there is more hazard using the self checkout at the grocery store than a voting booth. Or just mail that shit in like people have been doing for years like others have pointed out.

I just dont need more "see trumps a literal dictator hes moving the election in perpetuity" from every news source.

Last edited:

whats the percentage of mail-in votes cast versus in-person in a normal presidential election?

As far as mail in voting goes. My old lady got 2 ballots for some reason. My super lefty mom who takes care of my elderly conservative grandma gets two votes.
The fraud is real. I think mail in should be very limited.

Don't you guys get bored of arguing/debating nonstop about this shit?

just for kicks, i went ahead and wandered into the distant past

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...ing-the-curve/

Mayo Clinic ran this to help explain what all the "flatten curve" talk was in the media in March

Dr. Cowl says a key to flattening the curve is for people to practice social distancing.

"In epidemiology, which is the study of populations, when we look at an illness like COVID-19, we see an initial flattening ⏤ where people are sort of saying, 'We know something's going on out there,'" says Dr. Cowl. "Then at a certain point, it reaches a time when we see a spike in the number of cases and the number of fatalities. And the whole idea of social isolation is to try to bend that curve. In other words, to prevent that big spike. We know that there will be some cases. We know that there will be some deaths, unfortunately. But we want to minimize that as much as possible."

"The rules seem to be changing day by day, hour by hour," says Dr. Cowl. "But if we look at other epidemics and other worldwide pandemics, we know that by learning from what we've had in prior cases ⏤ things like the influenza epidemic of 1918 (Spanish flu) and plague ⏤ if we can get people separated to where they're not spending a lot of time in close quarters, we can really make a difference in terms of minimizing the effects over time on large numbers of people."

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...fight-n1155636

NBC was keen to highlight what the politicians were warning us from

While the virus can't be stopped in its tracks, it can be slowed. Stopping it from spreading quickly will help ensure that health care systems can cope with the strain of the outbreak.

But if everyone gets sick at once — represented in the chart as the sharp uptick — it's a problem.

Splitting the chart is a line: the finite capacity of the health care system. Above that line, it becomes far more challenging to treat both coronavirus patients and people sick with any other illnesses.

That leads to a need to "flatten the curve," or slow the infection rate, leaving health care systems better placed to treat people — and save lives.

It is important to note that the US isn't having a second uptick or general continuation in any of the same cities or really regions during this "second wave that is really just the slow expansion of the first was" it is traveling, migrating, as we always knew it would.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...urself/610336/

here is the atlantic in April, back when it was still super cool to invoke the 1918 spanish flu as less of an issue than covid :smokin:

When it’s 1.0, that means the average infected person infects one other person. The 1918 pandemic flu had an R of 1.8—so one infected person infected, on average, almost two others. COVID-19’s rate, in the absence of measures such as social distancing and masks, is at least 2.4. A disease dies out if its R falls under 1.0. The lower the number, the faster it dies out.

But ordinary people are not helpless; in fact, we have more power than we realize. Along with keeping our distance whenever possible and maintaining good hygiene, all of us wearing just a cloth mask could help stop this pandemic in its tracks.

nevermind the earlier confidence that there was no stopping this in it's track and that wasn't a goal

welp, here is an article from June from the fine people at People

https://people.com/health/social-dis...tudy-confirms/

Their research, however, shows otherwise. By keeping a physical distance from another person of 1 meter, or 3.3 feet, the chance of transmission falls to 12.8 percent, and a distance over 3.3 feet reduces the chance to 2.6 percent. And the CDC-recommended distance of six feet is likely even more effective, they found.

Masks also make a significant difference. Chu and his colleagues found that the risk of transmission went down 85 percent when people wore a mask,

wow, amazing! what kind of masks get down 85%? super cool!

t N95 masks did the best job of reducing virus spread. Those masks, which are fitted tightly to the face and have a respirator, were 96 percent effective, while paper surgical masks were 77 percent effective. Chu told TODAY that surgical or cotton masks with 12 to 16 layers of fabric were also effective.

oh, well then. 12 to 16 layers of cotton? :lmao: that'll do 'er!

"Respirators are best used in the health care setting because they’re uncomfortable to wear, and if you’re not going to wear it properly, then it defeats the purpose,” he said.

The researchers also found that wearing eye protection, while not officially recommended by health officials, offered some protection. The chance of virus transmission without eye protection is 16 percent, and with it, that number goes down to 5.5 percent.

Overall though, Chu said, these preventive measures are not 100 percent effective, and need to be combined with proper hygiene.

“No single intervention on its own made an individual completely impervious to transmission," he said. "We can’t neglect basic measures such as hand hygiene."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/enter...deo/index.html

of course, by the time july rolls around its "Wear the damn mask!" and "if we just wear the mask we can end this!"

Top Back Refresh