What's new

Rigid exhaust?

Then the exh needs to be loosely mounted.

Flex coupler between the motor and the first mount then 2 or 3 hangers
He has it right.

it needs to be loosely mounted / flex piped if/where it transitions from the engine to the chassis/body. so there's enough give when the engine moves around.

He has it right.

it needs to be loosely mounted / flex piped if/where it transitions from the engine to the chassis/body. so there's enough give when the engine moves around.
I made a rigid exhaust that hangs off the drivetrain and will add a flex joint near the crossmember and add the rest of the exhaust to the frame after the flex joint
:grinpimp:

exhaust was solid mounted to the drivetrain, flex joint and then solid mounted. this picture was after i went to a dump and ditched the rest of the exhaust

image000000.jpeg

exhaust was solid mounted to the drivetrain, flex joint and then solid mounted. this picture was after i went to a dump and ditched the rest of the exhaust

image000000.jpeg
I did exactly that on my old F150. You can just barely cram a pair of turbo mufflers in where the cats used to go if you give one of them a good dent with the BFH. I didn't do any flex joint. Hard mount at the manifold, hard mount at the t-case and then only a couple feet of unsupported pipe to get from there out the side just behind the cab corner.

Worked great for as long as I had it. I'd do it again with better fit and finish.

Top Back Refresh