What's new

Riding recommendations for ID/WY?

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Spinoff from conversation with 77fixer about riding in ID.

We usually do a group ride once a year and have not been to WY or ID to ride. I figure there are probably Irates in nearly every state or someone has ridden in every area. My group is based out of MO/AR area. Any recommendations for >64" machines in Idaho or Wyoming? We usually prefer the technical stuff but sometimes scenic is nice too. Wife prefers scenic actually. What is best month to go? thinking probably late June through early Sept?

Spinoff from conversation with 77fixer about riding in ID.

We usually do a group ride once a year and have not been to WY or ID to ride. I figure there are probably Irates in nearly every state or someone has ridden in every area. My group is based out of MO/AR area. Any recommendations for >64" machines in Idaho or Wyoming? We usually prefer the technical stuff but sometimes scenic is nice too. Wife prefers scenic actually. What is best month to go? thinking probably late June through early Sept?

Only decent place I know of is gold creek lodge area, but it's mostly single track or fire roads from what I've seen.

There is some great views of lake pend orille though.

But I'm guessing you won't be this far north?

When I had the K5 we could crawl or trail ride in the Owyhees. There is a mix depending on what you want to do. July/Aug are great times for night rides. There are several clubs in the Treasure Valley for jeeps/trucks/buggies. I havent been around that for many years.
Most of what we do now is NF roads/trails. There is some amazing scenery all around.

We've also watched some of the stuff from ridebdr.com. ADV bikes, but I need to study their route some more. There is one bridge that, for some reason, is limited to 50" but there is another way around, if a little lengthy. There is also found some YT stuff of routes people have taken. I'll try to find and post some later.

Again, back to the k5 days. Mountain Home, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls have places for trail to technical. As I mentioned before, St. Anthony (eastern ID) has great dunes.

I've found it hard to locate all the rules about sxs on road. Sometimes its needed to jump from one area to another. My wife found this.
11217.jpeg

Top Back Refresh