What's new

repub/dem in US politics is a false dichotomy

Who are you to say that I can't decide to strike it out on my own and seek a job at the cannery when I'm 7?

Uhhhh…a tax paying citizen

We have a system to handle this kinda thing.

Its called voting:usa:

Im all for handling lots more stuff at state and local level which this is….

Its a public school and the citizens of Florida elected Desantis…sooooooooo

Not seeing the problem.
Simple, turn it around to where new york and california have voted to have their children taught all about sexuality while ignoring how they lead the nation now in illiteracy.

I dont know where the notion of being a ruff and tuff individualist took the form of laying down and taking it in the ass by people that are content with forcing their beliefs on you and refusing to stand up for your own beliefs.

We are supposed to be a nation that self governs. That generally means we have to use the government to serve our ideals and maintain the type of society we want, that doesnt mean no government or all gov is bad.

I do not understand the live and let live mentality that has swept conservatives. How do people refuse to engage in politics and then go on to complain about how the system and our political leaders are broken.
We have become a nation of jailers.

We have the 6th highest incarceration rate in the world. This shows there a problem.

what's false about most of the gun control bunch? i mean we have plenty of pussies in the R side and 99% pussies in the D side. but enough Rs have kept a shit ton of confiscation back.

what's false about most of the gun control bunch? i mean we have plenty of pussies in the R side and 99% pussies in the D side. but enough Rs have kept a shit ton of confiscation back.
This is just squabbling to keep power. (The power is in the struggle)

I’ve said it before, but honestly it’s ALL been said before, but whatever…. I’ll repeat myself.

We have no 2nd amendment
The 2nd amendment was gutted of all intent the second the government created a class system of arms and created a class of weapons they had access to that the citizens did not.

As it sits right now, the 2nd amendment is nothing more than a symbolic piece of text.
I hate it. You don't want to hear it, and I don't want to say it, but that is the truth.

The intent of the second was to allow the citizens to have arms to defend itself from a tyrannical government. Those arms are not available to us anymore.
(oh sure, you can buy some cool stuff, if you pay an expensive tax, wait on a government approved list for a year , and go through the crap, but when you could no longer order a Thompson or a BAR from the Sears catalog, it was over)

The guns we were allowed to keep isn't because they were protected by the second amendment, it's because the parties have found it's not to there advantage to regulate them out yet.

There is too much power for both sides in the fight. It's about the power politicians get from the conflict that lets us keep our stuff, not the gutted document you want to point to.

We lost this fight in 1934, and 36, and 68 and in 50 other court cases and pieces of legislation passed over the last 85 years.

Yes, let's try to maintain what we have, hell, let's try to get some back, but quit acting like 2nd amendment holds anything for us anymore. The document hasn't done anything for us. If we get stuff back, it's because we are a group to pander to and they want our votes and our money.

the second amendment is still there, not as good as it once was. but we still have guns. lots of guns, unlike so many other countries.
I don't have a BAR, so ... no.

And you can't honestly argue we have the guns the forefathers wanted to protect.
Because they wanted us to have access to the same weaponry the government has.

And you can't honestly argue we have the guns the forefathers wanted to protect.
citizens actually had better guns than state armies back then

expensive and fragile rifles versus simple and durable muskets

Simple, law should be restricted to things an extreme majority can agree upon.
Rape, murder, theft, etc

Trying to make a law about what to teach kids, or how to build a house is just going to result in power drunk dictators being delegated far too much power.
You're going to have to drastically change the constitution to do that.

Simple, turn it around to where new york and california have voted to have their children taught all about sexuality while ignoring how they lead the nation now in illiteracy.
Again, that's all according to the N.Y. and California constitutions. I get the fact that you disagree (so do I), but that's how our system is set up.
The laws don't need your stamp of approval to be valid.

I have a M16, I have a 50 cal and a shit ton of other guns that I can do with as I please. Not a whole lotta places in this world you can do that.

Yes it is an infringement. Paying for guns is an infringement. I think we should all be issued one or ten. But I do have them, and I think I got another today.
and I may get some more tomorrow.

Yes it is an infringement. Paying for guns is an infringement. I think we should all be issued one or ten. But I do have them, and I think I got another today.
and I may get some more tomorrow.

You’re wrong so instead of admitting it, you just see how stupid of an argument you can make and then decide … well I guess I’ll just double down?

Paying someone to make a gun or who made a gun is capitalism.

Having to apply to the government for permission to buy a gun, ANY gun, well that is infringement.

What a sad reply. I tell you the truth of how our government functions and you spew bullshit. :shaking:
The way the government function is broken. That’s the point. If it even remotely worked with this even be a thread?

The way the government function is broken. That’s the point. If it even remotely worked with this even be a thread?
It does function, but far from perfectly. It's been that way from the start of this country. People of all beliefs have been striving to make
it work better ever since the constitution was ratified, hence the different major parties and the 27 amendments to COTUS. Tearing it
all down, which is what 486 advocates, isn't a real solution, it's a disaster. Our form of government was never meant to be "smooth",
it's inherently messy, but still infinitely better than what 486 advocates.

Paying for guns is an infringement. I think we should all be issued one or ten.
I'll delete my earlier single word reply of "communist" and expand on this even though you were joking.

That's the exact line of thinking that was used to argue for collective economic planning. That is why "liberal" became synonymous with it's exact opposite. They were trying to bring about a world in which people were 'liberated from our economic shackles' but we all know how well that backfired.

Last edited:
putting words in my mouth when you'd be better served by putting them in my ass

You think those who compiled that document intended anything approaching what we've warped it into?
No, I'm not putting words in your mouth at all. What you posted up would be a massive change to COTUS, totally changing our system of government.

Preform some self governance. Disregard unjust laws of tyrants. Build whatever weapon you like, and exercise that 2nd amendment right as it was intended. If your not willing to cut down another man who forces his will upon you what's even the point?

No, I'm not putting words in your mouth at all. What you posted up would be a massive change to COTUS, totally changing our system of government.
The constitution of the United States laid out of representative republic. That’s not the government we have. It’s just not. We have a bureaucracy (with corporatists leaning)

Edit: to expand on this. Who do you think writes the laws? Because when you dig down into it… The laws written by the corporations.

Who do you think runs the country? Because it’s not the politicians. It’s the bureaucrats.

The people you elected to represent you don’t have the slightest idea of the regulations that are put forth by the bureaucrats.

The bureaucracy knows that it can outlast the politicians. And if you killed every politician today, the government would continue to function, and grow.

The people elected to represent you delegated away all its power with the idea that it could control the machine by approving the budget. Then approving the budget was too hard so they approved baseline budgeting.

The system is truly fucked.

(And yes… I am using bureaucrat & agency as synonyms, but I think we all get that)

Last edited:
Gonna need to quote the part you disagree with, I say far too many potentially disagreeable things to keep them all indexed against the unknowable set of morals held by everyone that hears them.

Preform some self governance. Disregard unjust laws of tyrants. Build whatever weapon you like, and exercise that 2nd amendment right as it was intended. If your not willing to cut down another man who forces his will upon you what's even the point?
22c.png

Top Back Refresh