What's new

Recommend a decent ball joint press

Firstram

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Coastal NC
I've got a 2012 dodge 2500 4wd that ready for ball joints. I bought EMF joints 18 months ago and I think they're seasoned enough to install. I need a press thats good enough without buying crap or spending a fortune on something I'll never take advantage of. Zero rust to deal with and I replaced wheel bearings not long ago so things shouldn't be seized.

What's not Chinese crap?

I bought a used OTC C-frame press a long time ago.
It has done everything I have needed.

I bought a used OTC C-frame press a long time ago.
It has done everything I have needed.

This.

I don’t think you’ll need any fancy adapters on that one. The area around the joints on the C are nice and flat if my memory serves me correctly.

My truck did not what to part with those suckers
by the time it was done, it was beyond personal to me :laughing:

I ended up getting it done with the HF unit, but by the time it was done it was so modified that I wouldn't even call it anything the same that originally came out of the box

you will need a press for sure

I guess OTC it is. The frame and necessary cups are reasonable, the kit has gotten expensive though. Seems like yesterday it was $300, now it's $550!

The C's are very flat!

Snap-On isn't in the budget and I plan on not needing it very often!

I wouldn't consider HF, being stranded at home with a truck halfway in the garage would suck!

Thanks all:beer:

I guess OTC it is. The frame and necessary cups are reasonable, the kit has gotten expensive though. Seems like yesterday it was $300, now it's $550!

The C's are very flat!

Snap-On isn't in the budget and I plan on not needing it very often!

I wouldn't consider HF, being stranded at home with a truck halfway in the garage would suck!

Thanks all:beer:
you only have one vehicle?

you only have one vehicle?
That's poorly worded, my wife has a car with a tan leather interior that I avoid even standing near! The garage isn't deep enough to pull my truck all of the way in and breakage would be a major hassle that I really don't want to deal with!

That's poorly worded, my wife has a car with a tan leather interior that I avoid even standing near! The garage isn't deep enough to pull my truck all of the way in and breakage would be a major hassle that I really don't want to deal with!
wife wears the pants in the family, I'm tracking :beer::laughing:

wife wears the pants in the family, I'm tracking :beer::laughing:
Not necessarily, we both stand our ground:flipoff2: I bought her a loaded 17 LaCrosse, she's only put 33k on it in 6 years so it's still like new. I used it to drive her to have back surgery during covid and the pocket clip of my knife scratched the shit out of the B pillar trim. Then she needed knee surgery and PT, I spilled coffee in it! I don't drive it :lmao:

Top Back Refresh