What's new

RE1444/1445 anyone have dimensions or pics installed?

Skinny

Member Number
I'm looking to see if anyone is running these on their truck and if they could grab a few dimensions for me. Specifically looking to see the installed height from eye to eye going down to the last leaf.

I can't seem to find anyone running these on their trucks and RE hasn't emailed me back with any specs.

Seems to have a lot of good feedback from people running them. Just can't find any good photos of their stance.

Thanks

45 3/8” eye to and 3 3/8”-3 1/2” from bottom of the pack pulling a string between the eyes. Rig is 4800lbs.

I get 45.5" eye to eye and 3-3 14". This is on a 70 Jeepster with a 5.3 and th350,205. Not sure on weight of rig.
1444 spring 5 leaf. Front of rig. Don't have them on the rear.

Thank you!

I'm running factory spec YJ springs on my S10 with a 5.7 V8. I like where they sit, they are a bit too soft but I had some issues.

The springs don't handle the torque of the u-bolts too well. These have just a test ride on them. They also set crooked side to side. Had to take the lowest leaf out and move it to the other side to get the truck level. So I think the quality is junk.

I'm looking at the 1444/1445 as potential replacements.

Attachments

• IMG_20240102_101424134.jpg
    IMG_20240102_101424134.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240127_190441236.jpg
    IMG_20240127_190441236.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Here's a video of them working. The Jeepster has the 1444 up front the black CJ/buggy has the 1445 up front also with the bottom leave out. Because the u bolts weren't long enough. I may put them back as they settled a touch and now it's stink bug a tad.
Sorry you'll have to dig a bit. But the video is good anyways.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

So RE just got back to me and said the springs are not only out of stock but no longer being manufactured. So basically SOL...

They also said that Rustys sells a spring very similar.

When I say similar they look identical in construction and description. So this may be the last ditch effort if I want to run these springs. Anyone have any luck with Rusty's? Many many years ago they were not great and everytime I saw a set of their XJ springs the shackle was pointing forward with the axle centerline too far forward. Ie. quality didn't look good.

Thoughts?

Well that’s a bummer. Last leaf sprung Jeep is almost 30 years old at this point so I don’t blame them.

I ran some black diamond 1.5” springs before these. They weren’t reverse wrapped but were ok. Eventually they bent but took almost 10 years.

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

So RE just got back to me and said the springs are not only out of stock but no longer being manufactured. So basically SOL...

They also said that Rustys sells a spring very similar.

When I say similar they look identical in construction and description. So this may be the last ditch effort if I want to run these springs. Anyone have any luck with Rusty's? Many many years ago they were not great and everytime I saw a set of their XJ springs the shackle was pointing forward with the axle centerline too far forward. Ie. quality didn't look good.

Thoughts?
When Rubicon Express went out of business, (before it was sold to TransAmerican) Rusty bought a ton of the product. He might still be having it manufactured.

Yeah, I got the same news.

Ended up buying new Crowne springs and adding a leaf.

I think I may have a set off my YJ. Were these the RE SOA springs? Or the SUA?

I had a set of the SUA “extreme duty” that I loved on my rig. They may still be around if your interested I can dig.

I think I may have a set off my YJ. Were these the RE SOA springs? Or the SUA?

I had a set of the SUA “extreme duty” that I loved on my rig. They may still be around if your interested I can dig.
SOA

Custom packs from Alcan is always an option. About double the price but you can spec what ever you like.

I was thinking about doing a combination of the RE SOA packs mixed with an XJ pack to get some stretch.

I also did not know Rustys had the packs now, so good info there

I've got them on the front of my cj7. Spring over. You're wanting the distance from the bottom of the pack, up to the datum line (imaginary line from eye to eye) I've got a SBC with AL heads and intake weighing it down....

I can measure for you tomorrow.

Edit--- just read thru the responses. You got the dimensions, looks like. The 1445 springs are still super easy to get your hands on. These in the pic (front) are brand new.
1000008068.jpg

Last edited:
So I just looked at my springs and mind that I don't have a winch and bumper on the front yet.

My leafs are pretty much flat. Eye to eye there is pretty much no arch at ride height.

So I think the RE leafs are going to land me a few inches up which I don't want.

So I may have to go custom at this point. Never spec'd a set of leafs before. I imagine besides spring dimensions I'll need to get my truck weighed on all corners?

I imagine since I built the truck around stock YJ leafs I can give them that but they would want to know the arch and weight. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_134913170~2.jpg
    IMG_20240210_134913170~2.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240210_124606378.jpg
    IMG_20240210_124606378.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240210_124535782.jpg
    IMG_20240210_124535782.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
I had St. Louis spring build custom main leaves that I swapped into a set of used waggy lift springs of unknown height, in my s10. They didn’t care about weight. They wanted length (I had them make the leaves about an inch longer), leaf thickness, center pin distance ( I had them move the center pin forward like 3/4 of an inch), and the height of the main leaf. Take the leaf, flip it over, measure from whatever it’s sitting on to the top (bottom) of the leaf. Besides that, I think they just measured the eyes for bushings. Not nearly as much science in it as you’d think.

Top Back Refresh