Group events

Plow Hub

Rant thread

JD Mark

Member Number
Rant away and I'll start.

Radiator on the Sterling is leaking.

$3200 from the stealership.

$650 from a local shop that can get new ones, build custom or repair.

Which is strange because they rebuilt it in '18 for just under $800.

Rants , I'm in .... Who back fills a wall with trash....
Deck scraps, plywood , hoola hoops , and carpet...
I even sazalled through a marble sill that I thought was composite wood at first...
Hand digging sucks , glad I added a line item upcharge if I ran into crap...

79726.jpeg

79727.jpeg

79728.jpeg

Next rant is waiting on others to finish our portion of the job... Deck guys make so much money they can just leave jobs for weeks at a time lol.

79707.jpeg

We had a full day of deliveries already and then about lunch time one customer goes from 1 load of stone to 3 and another customer goes from 2 loads of sand to 4 and he’s a half hour away and then a mile down a 2 track around a lake.
Do you guys deliver too?

Rants , I'm in .... Who back fills a wall with trash....
Deck scraps, plywood , hoola hoops , and carpet...
I even sazalled through a marble sill that I thought was composite wood at first...
Hand digging sucks , glad I added a line item upcharge if I ran into crap...

79726.jpeg

79727.jpeg

79728.jpeg

Next rant is waiting on others to finish our portion of the job... Deck guys make so much money they can just leave jobs for weeks at a time lol.

79707.jpeg
Waiting for JMH Decks ?
What are those columns sitting on?

Waiting for JMH Decks ?
What are those columns sitting on?
They are on cement piers.
The customer wants cement steps and a pad under the deck.
It was wood before. They need a few yards of fill. The bottom couple of timber's will be buried.
We're kinda of a long for the adventure here.
We priced the job a couple ways and it is what it is.
Great people and a regular customer hence putting up with it. Shoot my kids went here for over a decade, they're like family actually.
I'm responsible for getting the fence and gate back together and the small wall to the right.
It's all determined by the cement steps and I can't get an answer.
Either way this is the perfect type of small job we like. It's a p.i.t.a. and nobody else wants to do it so we will .

I have one guy that is waiting on his CPL. So in the meantime, he is open carrying.

Whatever, I think it's a right we have, but also think it's stupid. The CFO really doesn't like it.

So she axes our HR company about it, we get this back:

In general we suggest a Violence in the work place policy such as the one below that prohibits any weapons.

In this day in age with all of the mass shootings and workplace shootings,

Why would you want to allow employees to have access to a gun?

Is there a valid business reason that would require someone to be in possession of a gun?

For whatever reason, she wouldn't let me reply.

HR people...knives are part of our job, how stupid can they be? Not even getting into the multitude of tools we have that can be weapons...hammer, screwdriver, prybar, shovels, trucks, mowers, trimmers, edgers, chainsaws.

The CFO told her we have reasons we allow concealed carry, especially in the winter.

I have one guy that is waiting on his CPL. So in the meantime, he is open carrying.

Whatever, I think it's a right we have, but also think it's stupid. The CFO really doesn't like it.

In general we suggest a Violence in the work place policy such as the one below that prohibits any weapons.

Is there a valid business reason that would require someone to be in possession of a gun?

HR people...knives are part of our job, how stupid can they be? Not even getting into the multitude of tools we have that can be weapons...hammer, screwdriver, prybar, shovels, trucks, mowers, trimmers, edgers, chainsaws.

The CFO told her we have reasons we allow concealed carry, especially in the winter.

I guess I don’t understand why you would have asked HR, but I also didn’t even know there were companies that handled HR for you. I thought it was always in house. Only companies I ever worked for had their own HR department.

I’m a huge fan of open carry. Wish it was a choice here in Illannoys. I can understand it probably offends and might even run off some customers, but my area is predominately red and supportive of firearms. Open carry wouldn’t likely lose me many customers. In your area…. Probably gets a lot of feathers in a ruffle, so I understand.

About 6months ago our VP/CFO brought up workplace shooting's in a management review meeting and what to do if there was one. This kicked off a "team" to research what other companies have in place for this situation. First meeting the company Pres (my boss) say's, I'm sure the guys in the tool shop (my guys) all have a pistol on them and they'll take out a shooter. I say not all, there's only two that don't carry. The VP/CFO is in our other plant and says, that's not the case here and it's something that needs to be addressed. Pres told the VP/CFO if he felt strongly about this he should do the research himself and report back. Nothing has been done since then.

We an incident about a week ago on the production side of the shop. One of the set up techs (who's a fucking asshole) was making unwanted advances towards one of the girl operators and she told another guy in production who's a good guy and well liked. The good guy tells the horn dog to back off and horn dog who's bigger ( 6'4" ish ) than nice guy (maybe 5') tells him to fuck off. They get into an argument and nice guy pulls a knife, horn dog claims nice guy had the blade on his throat and nice guy claims he only pulled and pointed it at him. I believe the nice guys story since there's no fucking way he could reach the asshole throat.
Nice guy gets fired for pulling the knife and asshole gets fired for sexual harassment.

I guess I don’t understand why you would have asked HR, but I also didn’t even know there were companies that handled HR for you. I thought it was always in house. Only companies I ever worked for had their own HR department.

I’m a huge fan of open carry. Wish it was a choice here in Illannoys. I can understand it probably offends and might even run off some customers, but my area is predominately red and supportive of firearms. Open carry wouldn’t likely lose me many customers. In your area…. Probably gets a lot of feathers in a ruffle, so I understand.

Ask the CFO.

They do our payroll and HR stuff.

I'm not, but it's your or whoever's right.

I don't think there would be that much of an issue, probably a few but not that big of a deal. I do have a couple customers that have signs restricting weapons.

One is any weapons. My knives and guns are tools.

The other...well, there's a state law for some of their facilities.

Ask the CFO.

They do our payroll and HR stuff.

I'm not, but it's your or whoever's right.

I don't think there would be that much of an issue, probably a few but not that big of a deal. I do have a couple customers that have signs restricting weapons.

One is any weapons. My knives and guns are tools.

The other...well, there's a state law for some of their facilities.
Your HR probably gets their response from AI, it’s sounds like a generic liberal response they would give.

I told the CFO she should have asked:

Wouldn't it make sense that someone else has a gun to shoot the bad guy?

Cuz it's every person's God given right to defend themselves???

I’m going to wake the mowers up from their winter nap today and try to mow my yard.

So, it begins. At least two weeks sooner than normal. I need to go back and look when we started last year. Tornado hit April 1 last year and I really don’t think we had cut any grass yet. Wife says we hadn’t.

So JD Mark, you gonna switch HR companies now?

Felix took a vacay. Been more tolerable here.

She suggested running it by our insurance agent.

She hasn't come across any companies that allow guns in the workplace...until now.

My insurance agent is a good guy that would understand where I'm coming from. I'm not worried about it.

You are just asking for a work place shooting with this nonsense.

Top Back Refresh