What's new

Putting a MK4 drivetrain into a 2007 Chevy Silverado

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Has anyone done it ?

Engine mounts custom headers etc fun ahead ?

Building a EMP proof 07 chevy Silverado with a nv4500 and a late model np205.

Would need a driver drop 205 unless SAS to a Dana 60 differential.

Thoughts I didnt plan for ?

355942b15d004994800ed1e4246ca272.jpg

Last edited:
Any reason you wouldn't consider running a P pump or VE cummins? you could literally get an entire drivetrain out of a rusted out ram 2500 and run it. The other good side, you can get parts almost anywhere. As for the controller, you can run the motor stand alone with LS/Big block sensors and utilize the factory controller to run the BCM and Dash. Obviously the electronic side will be no good with large EMP blast. You will still be able to run down the road.....

With no electronics no computer and a wiring harness from a 85 cucv 1 ton truck.

Ignition = a self powered magneto or a HEI from about 85 vintage truck as well.

No sensors or other electronic components that would fry if and when a EMP strikes.

Already have BBC components so thats the reason for heading in the direction of chevy parts.

EMP proof? Interesting...

And a purely mechanical fuel pump? Crank start?

No ECU and sensors I can see, but there seems to be some electrical goodies you will need. Or what are your plans there?

Yes mechanical fuel pump, could also run a 6.2L diesel but would have to turbo or twin turbo to get any decent HP.

The 6.2L was gutless alone in my 6K lb 85 1 ton.

Am I correct in assuming that the A arms and steering on a 2wd is the same as a 4wd 2007 3500 truck and not too hard to swap in a IFS differential section?
20201105_171543.jpg

Am I correct in assuming that the A arms and steering on a 2wd is the same as a 4wd 2007 3500 truck and not too hard to swap in a IFS differential section?

I’d lose the Chevy Cavalier tie rods. :flipoff2:

The best thing you can do to a Chevy truck IFS front suspension is cut that shit out as fast as you can. Its all garbage no matter how much money you throw at it.

Have a BBC and components so that issue is taken care of.

Have NV4500 transmission flywheel, clutch disc, NP205 Transfer case.

Just go full old school and buy a crate 350 and put in an SM465 and NP 205.

JUST thinking out loud as something I may do when the 6 0L engine conks out, or when I pick up a 1 ton with a wrecked drivetrain.

too many things to diagnose when something goes tits up.

The code reader I have only points me in the direction of what may be wrong but the additional tools to figure it out arent in my inventory.

Last edited:
The code reader I have only points me in the direction of what may be wrong but the additional tools to figure it out arent in my inventory.

You don't have a volt meter?

HEI ignition is not EMP proof, there is a chip in the module under the rotor..... I dont think a battery is either.....

I was aware of that but compared to the other crap that can go bad its a cakewalk.

And the mag I plan to use wont have the hei module.

Yes I have a volt meter and a ohm meter as well.

You don't have a volt meter?

HEI ignition is not EMP proof, there is a chip in the module under the rotor..... I dont think a battery is either.....

JUST thinking out loud as something I may do when the 6 0L engine conks out, or when I pick up a 1 ton with a wrecked drivetrain.

too many things to diagnose when something goes tits up.

diag on a 6.0 LS would be far less trouble and headache than bumblefucking something else in there.

Maybe but thats not my aim, a modern day engine and transmission etc arent anywhere as emp proof as the MKIV engine.

And I have a spare 454 so thats what I'm using.

Top Back Refresh