What's new

Product Review............................. Pocket Hose

Is this anything like a Trouser Snake?

I'd give you a review of my trouser snake but it might be too long.

Good old fashioned 100 ft heavy duty kink free hoses here. A little costly but last for years.

mother in law bought some of those and the same damn thing happened. broke after little use and a short amount of time

Those hoses are absolute garbage, all the ones I've used bust out the side. I second the 100 ft heavy duty kink free hoses

Never owned one, but not sure I've ever walked past a home depot return desk and not seen at least one of those POS things sprawled out behind the counter. Told me everything I need to know

I have 2 Zero Gs that are going on 4 years old. No problems.

I had the same outcome with pocket hoses and have went back to messy ass traditional hoses in the 5th wheel. At least I have a truck bed to toss them in.

Maybe you guys are storing them badly, or leaving them out in the sun?
We got one for our camper and been using it for over a year and it still works fine.
Aside from using it for an RV, I wouldn't get one for the house, though. I prefer the metal kind at the house, so the dog can't chew through it and the sun doesn't damage it over time.

If you want that type a hose zero G is the ticket. I'll post up a link and a picture when I have a confuser.

Maybe you guys are storing them badly, or leaving them out in the sun?
We got one for our camper and been using it for over a year and it still works fine.
Aside from using it for an RV, I wouldn't get one for the house, though. I prefer the metal kind at the house, so the dog can't chew through it and the sun doesn't damage it over time.

Yeah, but I stay long term at places so it's inevitable it's gets more than a few weekends worth of sun.

We've never had problems with "regular hoses" blowing out like these things do. We thought we'd try them for the non-kink function, but we won't be buying any more.

Zero G here, bought three 50' when they first came out. Out of the 3 one is sun faded but they are all still working just like new. Note: we don't baby the hoses, they get left laying around, get run over etc. we do drain and store them through the winter though. I have my doubts they will out last the 100' actual rubber hose that I had for 20+ years before them but if they make it that far I'll be too old to replace them anyway.:laughing:

try zero g hoses

This, had 1 for 5 years or so on the deck of a boat full sun. Regular hoses wouldn't last but 2 years on the boat. We still have the hose, bought a stupid collapsing hose recently that lasted about 3 months. I just bought another zero g added it to my old one.

I have no idea what brand hose I have, but when I moved into my first house - there it was in the backyard. Black satin, octagonal exterior, thick and heavy, sits in the sun every single day / all day.

I've not bought another hose (75') since coming across it, and it's been 17+ years since it was used when I moved in. Killer hose, I hafta say.

If you want that type a hose zero G is the ticket. I'll post up a link and a picture when I have a confuser.

Here is what I have and love it. Very durable. Going on a year now and I'm hard on hoses.
710JUJXJQPL._AC_SS350_.jpg

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/watering-and-irrigation/garden-hoses/7465248

Top Back Refresh