What's new

Prices.

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
In ‘18 I bought a Defender max xt with glass front/rear windows and washer/wiper kit plus horn/blinkers for $19k.

Spring of ‘21 ordered a Commander max xt with the same options for $26k.

Today at the same dealer I called for a price on a ‘23 defender xt, regular cab not the max model, with the same options. $28k. This is an open cab, not the enclosed model.

I was thinking I would be able to do a straight up trade for my commander with only 1100 miles on it. Not according to them.

This pricing is getting out of hand. A utility model with just a few options shouldn’t be pushing $30k. That’s ridiculous.

With that kind of pricing and how interest rates and inflation are I can see why dealers have units sitting in their showrooms now.

$30k for a golf cart is a rich mans game, prices dont matter.

Or it's for payment warriors, and prices still dont matter.
The ‘18 defender was our 3rd sxs and the first one we bought new. We got into the sxs scene here years ago before it exploded to what it is now. We’ve decided to get out of the trail ride scene and just want a utility unit to use hunting and go on some rides with when we vacation up north. The credit card crew has ruined pricing for us. I wish I would have kept my ‘18 defender. Although this commander I have now is rowdy.

I think the prices are gonna start sliding the other way. Saw a FB post, I know I know, of a dealer in WV I believe that had '23 RZR 1K XP's listed for $18k. List price was $23. The prices are definitely way too high and I think the higher interest rates, inflation on everyday stuff that people need to eat/survive is starting to have an effect on the toy industry.

I saw Popo just debuted a Troy Lee Designs Pro R model that lists for $50k! :eek::shaking:

Prices will hopefully level out this year but it has gotten ridiculous. Since the beginning of 2020 most of Polaris' high end models have increased $10k msrp

Local dealers are starting to advertise on FB and CL again and offer rebates and accessories because they have so much inventory... also there are a lot of good used machines at dealers as well. I gotta believe the OTD prices will start coming down some now that the covid demand is pretty much gone away. cant throw a cat around here and not hit a sxs or atv thats 1-2 years old for sale. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
$30k for a golf cart is a rich mans game, prices dont matter.

Or it's for payment warriors, and prices still dont matter.

man im even iffy to drop 6k on a rhino. fuck that 30k golf cart shit

Today I stopped at the BRP dealer I use to schedule a service on my snowmobiles and to talk about a new sxs. He said they expect new and used pricing on most models to go back to or close to where they were 2-3 years ago within the next year. The manufacturers are offering 1.9% financing to keep new sales moving and some have rebates as well. His showroom is the fullest I've seen it in 3 years, but he's still moving machines. He told me that if I want to sell mine, to list it now.

Today I stopped at the BRP dealer I use to schedule a service on my snowmobiles and to talk about a new sxs. He said they expect new and used pricing on most models to go back to or close to where they were 2-3 years ago within the next year. The manufacturers are offering 1.9% financing to keep new sales moving and some have rebates as well. His showroom is the fullest I've seen it in 3 years, but he's still moving machines. He told me that if I want to sell mine, to list it now.
We're headed into a big slow down across the board when it comes to toys. Gonna be a good time to have cash on hand when these credit card warriors start feeling the pinch and turning them loose for more sane prices. I couldn't find a used side by side for less than 10k-15k here last year when I was looking for a basic utility machine for my mom to use around her property

Even seeing it on the car dealer lots around here, econoboxes are selling, "fun" rigs like Wranglers and Broncos are stacking up.

We're headed into a big slow down across the board when it comes to toys. Gonna be a good time to have cash on hand when these credit card warriors start feeling the pinch and turning them loose for more sane prices. I couldn't find a used side by side for less than 10k-15k here last year when I was looking for a basic utility machine for my mom to use around her property

Even seeing it on the car dealer lots around here, econoboxes are selling, "fun" rigs like Wranglers and Broncos are stacking up.
He quoted me a crazy good price on a demo 2-seat commander xt-p. About $2k below msrp. They come with the upgraded Fox suspension and 30” tires on 15” bead locks. I could potentially still get enough out of my ‘21 4-seat commander to buy the new 2-seat and put a little gas money in my pocket. Then next year I’ll pick up a used 2-seat for my daughter when someone is having a quick sale because they can’t make payments.

I’ve been seeing more car dealerships with rebate signs and low apr offers. Like you said, broncos and challengers are stacking up on lots but the “normal” models seem to be moving. There’s definitely some changes coming.

Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh