What's new

power steering reservoir location

chaplinfj60

Member Number
Loc
marshalltown iowa
good am,

can i mount my power steering res on the passenger side of the engine compartment and just run a hose to the pump, i had it here witch it was nice because it was right above the pump, but i have now mounted the turbo and everything in this spot .
PS.... i hate this res with a passion, constant leaks from the lid, tossing around the idea of making one out of old factory res cut in half and put a piece of 3.5 tubing and making it larger. saw lots of people have done that.
even thought about making one totally custom, like a squarish shape thing that fits exactly in a specific place , odd shaped to fit where the red is colored on last pic. just some ideas i am tossing around.

IMG_5069.JPG

o
IMG_4663.JPG
1645458922798.png

If you choose to extend the factory resi, be careful welding it back up, it's easy to melt the rubber gasket out of the top. Otherwise it's a great mod IMO
Edit: also keep in mind there's a screen inside closer to the bottom, and you'll get pissed when you fuck it all up cutting into it and wondering why it won't come apart. I wish I would've snapped pics when I built mine.

Attachments

• 20220221_100353.jpg
    20220221_100353.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
What reservoir is that? It looks like the DNA Motorsports one I just added because I didn't want to mess with extending the factory res :laughing:

i got it at speedway, cheap 30 bucks or something, maybe more got it a few years back maybe 5. but the GD cap always leaks. get off camber and sometimes the fluid just drips like a champ out the lid, i have bent and re bent the lip to help but that only helps slightly.
i like the lid on the factory one so that's why i was thinking about that one.

I burnt up a couple pumps with my resi mounted on the passenger firewall. Both while standing on the tail fighting the same waterfall. Moved it to about where your drawing shows and no problems.

Top Back Refresh