What's new

Poverty full English with leftovers and scraps

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
Had some old dried out on-sale mushrooms, a decomposing tomato, and a couple of freezer-burnt on-sale 'soy link' sausages.

The Brits use Heinz beans, which are very mild compared to something like Bush's. So Van Camp's $.59 pork and beans are a good substitute at almost half the price.

$2.99 on sale Jimmy Dean bacon is a luxury, there is a clear dividing line in bacon quality, and this is above it.

Eggs are probably the highest nutrition/price ratio of any food at all.

A couple of old potatoes growing stalks.

So I had all the makings of a Full English.

I like my tomatoes a lot more caramelized than this but didn't get them in the pan soon enough.

Half pack bacon: $1.50
3 soy links: $.30
2 eggs $.25
Old shrooms: free
Old potatoes: free
Old tomato: free
Half can Van Camp's: $.30

$2.35, maybe $3

No HP brown sauce, sauces are expensive and I can't afford to have a sauce sit around in my fridge for months waiting to be used.

Quite a luxo-meal for me but it was good, special occasion around here

2TAQEzJ.jpg

Well done.

How much was the o.j. and McCafe?

If you're on a seriously tight budget and "price compare shop" as a rule, may I ask what outlets / grocery stores you have to choose from in your region? I know regionally where I am, I have some fairly good options for good eats on the cheap and I go that route on occasion, just not as a rule.

Well done.

How much was the o.j. and McCafe?

If you're on a seriously tight budget and "price compare shop" as a rule, may I ask what outlets / grocery stores you have to choose from in your region? I know regionally where I am, I have some fairly good options for good eats on the cheap and I go that route on occasion, just not as a rule.

Mostly a discount grocery-store shopper but will go to the hypermarket and mid-level market on occasion. Depends on what's on sale and the quality.

The OJ is watered down $1.49 frozen can. That's not strictly a poverty move, it's the way I like it. Added benefit: I'm more than halving the sugar. So maybe $.10 for the juice? And the coffee is tea, I typically by Lipton at $2.99/100 but this was.... Summerset at $1.99/100. So $.19 for the tea.

Top Back Refresh