What's new

Possible career change

On the other coast home inspectors are getting $550 a pop easy, and they are backed up. I was thinking about getting my license just because, hell 1 a week would go a long way. While the pay might seem nice, wait until you are on your back in a shit filled basement trying to get the drain to clear...

don't worry, pretty soon $120/hr won't be a "living wage" and we'll get an increase past that

On the other coast home inspectors are getting $550 a pop easy, and they are backed up. I was thinking about getting my license just because, hell 1 a week would go a long way. While the pay might seem nice, wait until you are on your back in a shit filled basement trying to get the drain to clear...
I don't think the inspector clears drains, just looks at the shit bubbling up and soaking into the marble while writing down that the house is fucked on their clipboard.

[486 said:
;n98716]
I don't think the inspector clears drains, just looks at the shit bubbling up and soaking into the marble while writing down that the house is fucked on their clipboard.

I meant the plumber job at $120/hr... which we all know is more like maybe $25-35

[486 said:
;n98716]

Close. But we use tablets now. Otherwise spot on. :lmao:

I have done a lot pf septic work for myself amd friends. Working in shit sucks but so does worrying about your next paycheck and supporting your family.

Regardless I am probably going to try and stick it out for the next few months. He is the closest thing to a brother I have and I feel like I would be doing a disservice to him and our friendship if I didn’t try and help him make the next step.

He lacks leadership skills, but we have each been there for each other especially when the chips are down. So I cant bail on him without first trying to help. I have worked for him 2 times before and partners with him one other time. The partnership ended well and we are 50/50 on good working relationship. So I have to see if I can make it 2 out of 3.

Sorry, I just don't have a warm feeling for "home inspectors"...
Plumbers; yeah baby they fucking rock! Worked for my uncle in my senior year in HS; I was fucking rolling in dough! Uncle Victor (Russian) said "Pay days on Friday's, Shit flows down hill, and, "Don't bite your fingernails".... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I kid you not! I knocked down 15G at 18 years old back in the early 70's..

Is $120/hr it with no benefits.... are you a "contractor" working for them?

Union plumber wages where I'm at are probably near 80-90 total package and low 50s on the check for straight time. As far as I know San Francisco and New York city are the 2 highest paid areas for union labor so i would be surprised to hear someone in Washington is making more without any catches.

I'm not saying its impossible as I am making over that as an ironworker right now but it's under special circumstances. I'm loving every minute and working 80-100hrs a week but it's not forever.

If a mom and pop really is paying that I'd move to Washington right now and be thier hardest working employee. Feel free to throw my name in the hat.

Union plumber wages where I'm at are probably near 80-90 total package and low 50s on the check for straight time. As far as I know San Francisco and New York city are the 2 highest paid areas for union labor so i would be surprised to hear someone in Washington is making more without any catches.

I'm not saying its impossible as I am making over that as an ironworker right now but it's under special circumstances. I'm loving every minute and working 80-100hrs a week but it's not forever.

If a mom and pop really is paying that I'd move to Washington right now and be thier hardest working employee. Feel free to throw my name in the hat.

Me too. I'm a fire sprinkler superintendent so I know how to pipe, just don't know shit about shit pipe.

My dad taught me the plumbing trade. He said two rules
1. Payday is on Friday 2. Shit runs down hill.

Union plumber wages where I'm at are probably near 80-90 total package and low 50s on the check for straight time. .

yup thats what i was thinking, or that could be what the company pays per hr (wage,tax,union,retirement,insurance)

my boss always thinks of the "full package" price too

Top Back Refresh