What's new

Portland OR for two weeks what to do?

KarlVP

Not Sure
Member Number
Loc
Crusty's Brewing, Wa
I'm headed to Portland for two weeks to do some work on a ship in the yards down there. I'll be staying downtown. Aside from my already contrived baseball bat with a 10 penny nail in it for protection, what to do in downtown Portland?

Downtown Portland is the epicenter for faggotry. Maybe get a pole and some bait and try for some sturgeon on the Columbia?:smokin:

Theres a famous donut place that has expensive donuts with stale cereal on top, voodoo doughnuts. Next to there is an arcade that serves alcohol. Near there is where the titty bars are. Powells books is a huge bookstore (if you are into the reading thing). Breweries everywhere, pick one.

If you get outside downtown, be sure to check out Multnomah falls. Tour the bonneville dam and fish hatchery.

If you want to blend in, dye your hair green and yell at police.

Oregon or was it Washington has drive thru grass when I drove thru a few years ago.

Shit on the streets, do some drugs, burn some buildings. There is no law left in Portland except plastic straws, don't get caught with one of those.

Most of the restaraunts and bars...the good part of pdx is non existent with this covid mandate fyi. There are still places open but its pretty lame. I miss the dive bars.

Theres a bar in linnton that is still open, lighthouse bar....good bar and good food. Its off hwy 30 headed to the coast. Its about 10 mins from downtown . Its not a dive tho some locals might like to think it is, its a good haunt and you dont have to deal with driving through the city or crossin the river if you stayin downtown.

edit: oh and theres a killer burger downtown, im a fan of their grub.

​​​​​​

Last edited:
Shit on the streets, do some drugs, burn some buildings. There is no law left in Portland except plastic straws, don't get caught with one of those.

No plastic straw but the paper straw can ride no problem in the plastic cup:confused:. Wtf lol

Been here two days so far. Staying at the embassy suites downtown. I can say this is the nicest hotel the Navy has ever put me up in. Visited Voodoo donuts just to say I've been there. Honestly we've been busy working.

Downtown Portland kicks ass. It's a shame the local lawmakers/law enforcement don't make it the clean and safe place it could be. I also get the stupid covid bullshit is putting a hamper on things. But just being here for a few days you can imagine what this town was in its heyday before covid and the homeless camps. It's a really neat place. I plan on exploring some more.

You could go by my old corporate headquarters and give them a smiley flip off for me. :flipoff2:

Been here two days so far. Staying at the embassy suites downtown. . . .
The one just off Burnside next to Dantes? I stayed there just over a year ago to hook up with a ex and take in a show at Dantes. I can't imagine what it's like now but at the time the place was flooded with hipsters and anarchists. Had a good time but was glad to get out of there.

Been here two days so far. Staying at the embassy suites downtown. I can say this is the nicest hotel the Navy has ever put me up in. Visited Voodoo donuts just to say I've been there. Honestly we've been busy working.

Downtown Portland kicks ass. It's a shame the local lawmakers/law enforcement don't make it the clean and safe place it could be. I also get the stupid covid bullshit is putting a hamper on things. But just being here for a few days you can imagine what this town was in its heyday before covid and the homeless camps. It's a really neat place. I plan on exploring some more.

Clearly you arnt at the same Portland OR I was at

The one just off Burnside next to Dantes? I stayed there just over a year ago to hook up with a ex and take in a show at Dantes. I can't imagine what it's like now but at the time the place was flooded with hipsters and anarchists. Had a good time but was glad to get out of there.

That's the one. With covid we aren't really socializing with our fellow guests, but this is a cool place. After work today the only people in the lobby were a group of Navy guys (my team) hovering around a 30 bomb of ranier beer.

edit maybe it sucks when it's in full swing

Last edited:
I suppose Ground Kontrol is closed? Its a cool arcade a couple blocks away filled with old school games. We also did a short (but steep) hike up in Willamette Heights to some witches castle in the woods.

I suppose Ground Kontrol is closed? Its a cool arcade a couple blocks away filled with old school games. We also did a short (but steep) hike up in Willamette Heights to some witches castle in the woods.

The arcade is closed. We are planning a night hike with a few frosty libations. Apparently you can have drugs here so open container laws are now off the books?

Hit up Lardo, Bröder, and all the breweries! :flipoff2:

The arcade is closed. We are planning a night hike with a few frosty libations. Apparently you can have drugs here so open container laws are now off the books?

Only if you're a bum or colored.

I work in Oakland, CA and see a lot of homeless and garbage, when I was in portland over the summer I think they are winning.

Top Back Refresh