What's new

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler vows to get tough with Antifa

nahmus

Refugee from syrup
Member Number
Loc
East Coast
hmmmm. Little late huh? He seems to be using the same terms for antifa that trump did and was loudly denounced by the main stream press. Seems to me if you had stopped this in the beginning you would not have a problem. I feel bad for the good people in these dem cities that let antifa run wild but I really hope antifa keeps up the shenanigans into 2021. Bad orange man will probably be gone. What are they protesting now? All these dem mayors and town councils that thought letting them run wild because it would hurt trump was a good idea now have to deal with them. I hope this comes back to bash all them in the head.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-vows-to-get-tough-with-antifa/
After months of mollycoddling, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler vowed to get tough on Antifa, whose members engage in near-nightly campaigns of mayhem, violence and destruction in the city.
“My good faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing violence and even scorn from radical Antifa and anarchists,” Wheeler said in a news conference Friday evening. “In response, it will be necessary to use additional tools and to push the limits of the tools we already have to bring the criminal destruction and violence to an end.”
“It’s time to push back harder against those who are set on destroying our community and to take more risks in fighting lawlessness,” Wheeler added.
The mayor was granted a second term by Portland voters last month, narrowly beating out an openly pro-Antifa candidate, Sarah Iannarone.
The Wheeler press conference was prompted by a New Year’s Eve riot near the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse, which has been a frequent target of the agitators.

“A gathering in downtown Portland has devolved into a riot. Participants have thrown multiple firebombs at officers and launched commercial-grade fireworks at the Federal Courthouse and Justice Center,” Portland police tweeted early New Year’s Day.
Throughout 2020 Antifa rioters had been given free rein in downtown Portland. The situation became so bad that President Trump briefly deployed federal troops to protect US property in the city in July.
“We are trying to help Portland, not hurt it. Their leadership has, for months, lost control of the anarchists and agitators. They are missing in action. We must protect Federal property, AND OUR PEOPLE. These were not merely protesters, these are the real deal!.” Trump said at the time.

I was surprised that the pro-antifa candidate lost.

Yeah, I was nervous about that. I think most people believe antifa are useful idiots but they're tired of their shit.

I truly believe the Dems have this state locked down with crooked elections.

It's simple, they figure Trump lost so their not useful any longer so they'll go back in the closet and get pulled out again when needed or the left is finally finding out that Antifa isn't anyones friend.

Hopefully antifa realizes that they were just usefull idiots and take some revenge on their puppey masters.

itd only be fitting.

yep antifa will get left out in the cold just like blm did

who knows maybe in a couple years we'll be cheering for them, when they turn on the democrats :laughing:

Kinda like chasing the trash truck down the street for picking up your trash.
To late and not fixing shit...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
pozer

I'm about 20 minutes west of Portland. I mostly just pass through it as needed, but it is an absolute shithole and Wheeler has done nothing about it. Its sad that he was the better of the two options in the last election.

Dumb ass did fuck all during the summer, was afraid taking a stance would affect his re-election. Now that election is over time to govern again.

You have to wonder though, what is "tough" for a pussy like Wheeler that goes out and marches with them even when they are attacking him physically.

You have to wonder though, what is "tough" for a pussy like Wheeler that goes out and marches with them even when they are attacking him physically.

Getting tough is sitting in your office, surrounded by police protection, and using those police to get rid of the problem. It's not actually tough, just tough talk. Fuckin pussies can't control shit without thugs to do their dirty work.

Top Back Refresh