What's new

Porsche 911 Turbo evolution.

And the 1975 is still the best looking.

I like the last of the air cooled, the 993 series, 97-98. Twin turbo and could still get a manual.

Cool.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 5.08.37 PM.png

The original was an ill handling beast that liked to kill everyone that drove it. Thankfully Porsche has fixed that.

Thanks for sharing that. My Mrs. and I went to a Porsche club track day accidentally at NJMP in Vineland NJ back in '09 or maybe '10. We're just casually walking around the pits and get on top of the tower and we're standing next to a guy in a white lab coat. Turns out he was there on behalf of Porsche from Stuttgart and he starts giving us analysis of the cars as they drove past. An orange GT2 flys down the straight and the guy points and says with his thick ass accent "Zat one, zat one zer is zee fastest car on zee track today". My Mrs. and I still chuckle about that.

The original was an ill handling beast that liked to kill everyone that drove it. Thankfully Porsche has fixed that.

Ur a parrot. I've had 911s sideways more time than I can count, and never spun one. Idiots with more dollars than sense were just as common then as now.

Ya, the newer ones are better balanced and have electronic aids, but the original was a fast, fast beast in the right hands, and most casual drivers never pushed it hard enough to get into the oversteer.

I don't get it. This is a commercial with Michael Bay editing and no 'race' or anything like that.

I guess this is what Porsche aficionados consider interesting? :confused:

I almost bought a Porsche in late '00 from a used car dealer in Phoenix. I didn't know jack shit about them, so I held off. I think he wanted 25k or 35k for it. I know it had a wide body and I think it was a '78 or '79. I dont think it was a turbo model though.

So wtf was I looking at?

I almost bought a Porsche in late '00 from a used car dealer in Phoenix. I didn't know jack shit about them, so I held off. I think he wanted 25k or 35k for it. I know it had a wide body and I think it was a '78 or '79. I dont think it was a turbo model though.

So wtf was I looking at?

ruf 930? i got a ride in one in 1983, first foreign car that impressed me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_BTR

My buddy's dad bought 2 matching RUF versions of the 944 when he retired from teaching in '95ish. One in black and one in white.

More old place longing. Can we get the guy putting an LS in a porche over here? Hopefully he's driving it by now

Not priest, he had a mustang. Trying to remember
edit: Gtxracer?

Last edited:
I don't get it. This is a commercial with Michael Bay editing and no 'race' or anything like that.

I guess this is what Porsche aficionados consider interesting? :confused:

I've always found something inherently screwy about Porsche videos...they always seem overly contrived and pushing some weird image that doesn't actually line up with their owners or reality or anything even aspirational. It's almost like they want to come across like douches?

Didn't stop me from buying a 2021 Macan GTS....just a few more weeks until it's here.

I've always found something inherently screwy about Porsche videos...they always seem overly contrived and pushing some weird image that doesn't actually line up with their owners or reality or anything even aspirational. It's almost like they want to come across like douches?

Didn't stop me from buying a 2021 Macan GTS....just a few more weeks until it's here.

Unnecessary to say, I'd love to have one. Kind of expect clumsy marketing given their reputation.

Their marketing is in results. Porsche is first, last and always an engineering firm. They often build cars using engineering concepts other mfgs have paid for. Their cars are not for everyone, just those that understand physics, McLaren is another that comes to mind.

Top Back Refresh