What's new

Poop Tank covers

Doesn’t chlorine kill all the microbes that make a septic system work?

It’s the last step before it hits the sprinklers. In an aerobic system.

The microbes work in the first tank.

Doesn’t chlorine kill all the microbes that make a septic system work?

You would think.....I put septic stuff in mine that has yeast in it, gets it active. As for putting whatever into the tank, flush it down the toilet.....it will get there.

i dont think many people have the same system. not the sprinklers and chlorine

Yeah that's not the type I have. It is a single tank with two lids to access both inlet and outlet pipes. Outlet pipe has a baffle.

It’s the last step before it hits the sprinklers. In an aerobic system.

The microbes work in the first tank.

Those aerobic systems seem to be a Texas thing. Until I moved here from New England I had never even heard of one. The whole sprinklers spraying black water in your yard, "cleaned" or not, is fucking disgusting.

add tablets like a pool? that doesn't happen around here. They just make you add a pump and put the whole drainage field in a mound of dirt now days, even on sandy land. Some septic guy is getting a kickback for sure around here, cus the permits are rediculous.

Those aerobic systems seem to be a Texas thing. Until I moved here from New England I had never even heard of one. The whole sprinklers spraying black water in your yard, "cleaned" or not, is fucking disgusting.

Can't build a new house on rural property here without the new aerobic system now. Complete with a yearly maintenance contract worth a few K$ and a few hundred a year in power costs for the pumps etc...

I still have a 50 year old old-school system, it gets inspected every five years, if it fails inspection I'll be forced to replace it with an aerobic system...

Thats why you wait and let the septic guy find the lids. They use a probe to find the edges of the tank, from there its just a matter of knowing where on the tanks the lids are. When we bought our house years ago we had the shit sucker come out. I wasnt even positive where the tank was. He had the lids open within five minutes of being there.

By me its like 50-80 $ extra for them to dig up the cover.

We just got rid of the cement covers, did risers and new tops on ours. We got the rounded green ones. We had 3 that were exposed and one that was buried. No idea why. Now they're all exposed. I hate looking at those things. Especially where they are in the yard. :roxy:

Top Back Refresh