What's new

Polishing a turd...throwing money at 14 bolts

I'm only willing to go so far with the shave bullshit. At some point it's just back up and hit it harder and laugh about your awesome full 14 bolt sealing surface

Yes, but now that it's already done, it might not hurt to add the plate.

I envision a piece of AR that travels past the cover mating surface, protecting the cover from wanting to be peeled off.

This is what I pictured as well.

OP are those photos of the shave job as it was run? I would have expected that it would have been attacked by a a grinder to round off all those sharp corners. Extending the plate to make a lip under the cover seems like a no brainer idea to me. I am surprised that there has not been more innovation and shave kits offered for 14b and front 60's

So the plate you guys are worried about is fine and lives quite well. The problem that I keep running into is the diff cover. It's a one time use. The holes get so smashed up you can't drill out bolts so you have to cut cover off. Another lesson I've learned is.. if your diffs don't leak your not rock crawling. They all leak under heavy use in the rocks.

I envision a piece of AR that travels past the cover mating surface, protecting the cover from wanting to be peeled off.

and then that piece not held down by a weld will get peeled back when bashing around in reverse, i end it at the diff cover

Top Back Refresh