What's new

Pneumatic floor jacks?

D Nelly

professional dingdong
Member Number
Screenshot_20230121_173043_Firefox.jpg

The usual getting spot is full of these airbag jack things, and I'm getting tired of pumping. For a hundred something I wouldn't mind something like this and 3 ton is plenty for most of what I do. Anyone have any experience with anything like this? I was going to find an air over hydraulic jack but I'm interested in spending a few hundred for a tool I really only use every month or so

we had some at work that we could lift train cars with
they were pneumatic, but no airbag
used them to pull the trucks out from under them

it was still sketch

We had them on our frame machines at the body shop 20 years ago.

I only ever used them on the racks, the frame machine surface didn't lend itself to wheeled jacks.

Worked okay, just obviously be aware it isn't super stable side to side
A narrow base bottle jack is the same way, wouldn't want to use either on anything but level, hard surfaces.

I use the last one in my shop all the time. It ain’t super stable side to side, but it beats the heck out of pumping my old floor jack a thousand times…. We thought we could use it to lift gear legs on airplanes, than after using it on a couple of vehicles, we decided against that.

According to this YouTube video of his holding up a lawn tractor in 15 mph winds they're very stable. But you can clearly see it wiggle fairly easy without a lot of force. .

I'm not too concerned with stability, it'll only ever be used on a good concrete floor and only to get whatever up on stands. Probably won't ever get sketchier than lifting half a pickup by the differential or hitch

Part two out and use for high flex airbag suspension? 16 inches of travel seems like a lot compared to semi truck/trailer bags or the typical firestone helper pickup bags.

16" seems about right for a semi truck bag.

I don't think I've ever seen a semi truck back that uses triples like that though.

Last edited:
Is there really an advantage over the newer HF "rapid pump" jacks that get to full lift in three pumps or so?
I was going to ask the same question, there is a huge difference between my old jack and the newer harbor freight rapid pump ones that I have. It might not be three pumps, but it's not much more than five to be lifting on the Yukon even if it's way underneath and you can't get a full stroke.

Aaron Z

like lifting with a farm jack. nope. if they do have a guide to keep them as steady as a floor jack, i take that back

i was givena 5ton floor jack, one of those really long ones, that has an air over ram. it lift really high and is awesome. get a air jack like that

This is what I thought when I read "pneumatic floor jack." There's probably still one in my grandpa's old machine shop. I remember using it for all kinds of dangerous things. Did a fine job of lifting cousins too. :laughing:

HX9812.jpg
I was thinking the same thing when I opened the thread.

Aaron Z

I'd like one of the air over hydraulics, but around here we're talking $500 used and over a grand new. I've been keeping an eye out for one for years now but haven't come across any deals

Reactions: PAE
I've seen a few of those but I don't think they'd work too good for what I do and what I work on. I meant more this style. And after looking at a picture I don't even have the floor space to store something like this, which makes the airbag jacks even more appealing. I can lean that thing up in a corner or even hang it if I want, airbag don't care

144584_2000x2000.jpg

Yeah something like this is more like I was thinking. I've seen some custom made ones that are on big carts monster truck guys use to put their big tires on after they unload it off their trailer.

Small bump. Ended up with the 11,000 lb model. eBay has the best prices. The thing works nice, like really nice. It picked up the rear end of our npr under the diff no problem, the 4 ton hydraulic we have could never do that, always had to do one corner at a time.

It's slightly less stable than a floor jack but it's almost negligible. You can tell there's some sort of metal guide or support in there. I'll say no noticeable difference if you're using it normally.

The instructions were pretty much non existent. There's 4 ways you can put the handle on and 3 of them will cut the air line the first time you move it

For ~$120 I like it. 5/5 would buy again

Last edited:
Yeah something like this is more like I was thinking. I've seen some custom made ones that are on big carts monster truck guys use to put their big tires on after they unload it off their trailer.

Had one of those at the last shop. For a cheapo, that thing got the crap used out of it!

Link to the one you got? Vevor brand 11,000# model?

EDIT: This one I assume:

a little cheaper from the vevor site.

i'm curious if more people like them too, i'm always changeing from dirt to sand tires and back on the sxs's. not only does the sand fuck up regular jacks, the sxs's suspension soaks up all the lift- usaually have to reblock and do it again. the airbag jack seams simple and light weight. i am worried how tippy it is though.

a little cheaper from the vevor site.

i'm curious if more people like them too, i'm always changeing from dirt to sand tires and back on the sxs's. not only does the sand fuck up regular jacks, the sxs's suspension soaks up all the lift- usaually have to reblock and do it again. the airbag jack seams simple and light weight. i am worried how tippy it is though.

That one you linked is a 6600# jack. The one I linked from ebay is 11,000# capacity. Not the same.

The 11,000 jack on vevor's site is 170, way more expensive than ebay.

Probably is that air is compressible, so changes in pressure cause change in volume. Hydraulics don't do that. In thing case it's concerning because if anything happens to reduce load, i.e. car shifts a bit, then the reduction in pressure causes further expansion and potentially causing a chain reaction. Likewise, added weight causes compression. End result is a very squishy jack, which is rather contraindicated when lifting heavy stuff. Probably not a bad idea for a trail jack for sxs or similar, but wouldn't want to use for anything heavy.

4 month bump. This thing kicks ass. I will never pump a jack again. The 11,000lb model is rock solid if you're lifting one corner of a vehicle and good enough if you're lifting half. It has no problem picking up half of a loaded NPR or the front end of a cclb Duramax.

It's a lot more precise than any of the hydraulic jacks I've ever used too. My old ones didn't like to slowly lift light things like when you're trying to pick up a control arm into place and were absolutely miserable when you're trying to lower something heavy. With the air jack you can move whatever weight 1/16" either direction no problem.

I don't think it lifts as high as my old jacks. Dunnage fixes that problem though.

Still giving it a 5/5.

Last edited:
This is what I thought when I read "pneumatic floor jack." There's probably still one in my grandpa's old machine shop. I remember using it for all kinds of dangerous things. Did a fine job of lifting cousins too. :laughing:

HX9812.jpg
got one of them, it's kickass

didn't know it's a graco, that's cool

4 month bump. This thing kicks ass. I will never pump a jack again. The 11,000lb model is rock solid if you're lifting one corner of a vehicle and good enough if you're lifting half. It has no problem picking up half of a loaded NPR or the front end of a cclb Duramax.

It's a lot more precise than any of the hydraulic jacks I've ever used too. My old ones didn't like to slowly lift light things like when you're trying to pick up a control arm into place and were absolutely miserable when you're trying to lower something heavy. With the air jack you can move whatever weight 1/16" either direction no problem.

I don't think it lifts as high as my old jacks. Dunnage fixes that problem though.

Still giving it a 5/5.

I been looking at the Vevor one for awhile. I have a rapid pump floor jack but I;m getting lazy and my shoulders are wrecked, Glad to hear it's working out:smokin:

Top Back Refresh