What's new

Picked up the new AX24

Trashman

Trainwreck
Member Number
I had the SCX24...meh. I gave it to my middle son last year.

Since then, my oldest bought an SCX and bought my youngest an AX24 today.

Screw it, better keep up with the Jones' I guess. :laughing:
20230209_155041.jpg

Crawls flat terrain rocks great. Its very light on the front crawling verticles though.

Needs brass I suppose.

Time to move some weight around before I go brass.

Before:
20230210_062459.jpg

After:
20230210_111941.jpg

Cut out the battery tray. Moved the ESC down into that. Relocated battery lower and too the front more.

Added Brass knuckles and diff cover to the front today.

What a difference. You can climb verticles with some confidence now, It no longer seems to just flop over with the slightest throttle input.

I have been testing it on the same line, on the same ledge. I still havent gotten up it yet, but I can sit the front end ontop and actually work it a bit now. Prior, if I got the front end up there it would simply flop backwards. I can now walk the truck back and forth accross it while trying to find traction. Crab walk actually came in handy doing so. I didnt figure I would use it.

The other climb that troubled me at first (although it did make it once in stock form after many tries) it just walks up now. Again, same line as all times prior.

Cool, I just ordered one too :smokin: I think I am going to enjoy it a lot more than the SCX24 since it is hard to do very technical crawling with the C10 body always getting in the way.

Once you get the weight more dialed in, it really is neat.

Top Back Refresh