What's new

PG&E CEO is found Guilty for Camp Fire

That's BS, but...$4M? Wow, they got off easy. I was expecting a B.

Ooooh, you missed something.
Included in those measures are a fine of $3.5 million — the maximum amount prosecutors could get under the law — and a $25.5 billion settlement that will compensate victims, their families, and Butte County agencies, according to Johnson.

I wonder if this will impact my current PGE rates?...

Of course, it will! - we need to come up with 25.5 billion dollars :frown:

EDIT: when I hear "PG&E is paying for (x)", I assume we customers are on the hook for (x) + handling fees :mad3:

nah, they will just roll it in to your property taxes as they get reimbursed through contract negotiations through the state :flipoff2:

I read camo in the title twice. Ffs. "Huh, what? What did he do?"

Go sail to the Bermuda triangle, I double dare you.
​​​​​​

Last edited:
Did there equipment malfunction? or did a branch just happen to hit the line in a wind storm and catch on fire? We have that happen up here all the time, and thats with them coming by and clearing the areas around the lines. but it rains 340 days a year... so who would want to provide electricity in California? I wouldn't.

84 counts of felony = 0 days in jail, right?

But let someone like me or you catch a single felony and wonder how much time we'd do.

"Rules for thee, not for me."

Did there equipment malfunction? or did a branch just happen to hit the line in a wind storm and catch on fire? We have that happen up here all the time, and thats with them coming by and clearing the areas around the lines. but it rains 340 days a year... so who would want to provide electricity in California? I wouldn't.

Hardware failed on a steel transmission structure and dropped a phase into the structure. Sparks + dry grass = fire

And thread title is misleading. Pleading guilty is different than being found guilty. Pleading usually involves a plea deal like it did in this case. It's a classic shit sandwich.

84 counts of felony = 0 days in jail, right?

But let someone like me or you catch a single felony and wonder how much time we'd do.

"Rules for thee, not for me."

You can't put a corporation in jail.

What makes this even more tricky, is that the CPUC has oversight on PG&E, and dictates where the allocated rate money is spent.

Why didn't the CPUC audit and confirm those rate allocated expenditures?

They share the blame as well, but all finger will point at PG&E as the lessor of the evils and no one goes to jail....

Top Back Refresh