What's new

Peel & stick backsplash tile?

Yotota

Truck nerd
Member Number
Loc
SW WA
Any of you guys ever worked with peel and stick backsplash "tile"? Our house has a lot of glass tile that is... blue. Very blue. So much blue.

My wife has considered some of the tile-specific paint/coatings, but we just learned about some peel and stick tile or faux-tile options. This looks interesting because it could also be removable down the road, as opposed to scuffing and painting glass tiles which would definitely fuck them up.

Any insight? Other than "rip out the blue tile and do it the right way", which is my first choice but that wouldn't happen for at least 10 years... :grinpimp:

Thanks!

Old lady put some of it in the toyhauler.

As usual here install was not super fabulous but it looks good, easy cheap improvement in there.

She tried to put some in the house and I said fuck that you work from home if you want tile go buy it and put it up there correctly...
So she did that but her install was again not super fabulous so we have some sorta shitty subway tiles as a back splash now, luckily she used white grout so its not super obvious but if you are a tile snob like myself you can tell.

I used a peal n stick foam backer called Musselbound (basically two sided tape) over sheet rock. Then ceramic tile on that, then finish with grout.
I would 100% do this again

We ordered several peal n stick tile from Amazon. They all looks like puffy stickers. Returned and went the above route.

MusselBound Adhesive Tile Mat

That's for the input guys, the quick and cheap option rarely turns out to be a good one.

I'm going to look into other options to overlay real tile. This one seems pretty good so far:

I used a peal n stick foam backer called Musselbound (basically two sided tape) over sheet rock. Then ceramic tile on that, then finish with grout.
I would 100% do this again

We ordered several peal n stick tile from Amazon. They all looks like puffy stickers. Returned and went the above route.

MusselBound Adhesive Tile Mat

Peel and stick anything has never been reliable for me...ever. No matter how well I prep and how perfectly I follow directions, things always end up curling at the edges or falling off eventually.

I did stainless steel backsplash on my first house. I forget what i stuck it on with, but it was permatex ultra-black to seal the corners :laughing:

I'm sure you can find something to goo it to the tile with.

I thought the normal method of a trowel and glue was pretty easy. Peel and stick or double sided tape doesn't sound very forgiving

Reactions: Clb
Just rip it out and put in tile. Tile is cheap and easy just messy and hard on the hands.

Just reworked the backsplash in our kitchen using vinyl flooring. Bought cheap stuff that had a thin backer but looked nice. Turned out very nice.

I thought the normal method of a trowel and glue was pretty easy. Peel and stick or double sided tape doesn't sound very forgiving

Tear out of the current glass tile would be a pain in the ass.

Tear out of the current glass tile would be a pain in the ass.
Just cover with 1/4 drywall and go over it with you Choice of tile. Not the right way of doing it but better than peel and stick junk.

Top Back Refresh