What's new

Peacock WTF?

Yer neighborhood is gunna h8 you!
hope you like washing the yard off ( greasy bird poop)
​​​

They scratch vehicles because darker colored paint they see their reflection and attack it thinking it’s another bird.

They are cute as babies.

photo9597.jpg

photo9598.jpg

photo9599.jpg

I’ll See what other photos I have. There’s 50 or 60 that run the neighborhood. Roost in neighbors tree at night. Basically like feral cats. They are cool, but will fight their reflection-car of house slider door.

photo9601.jpg

Not only do they make noise, it sounds like a creepy kid calling for help.

This.

And also mentioned they shit all over everything. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to animals and rarely pull the trigger these days. Peacocks and Guineas I will go out if my way to let lay. Invasive species far as I'm concerned.

When I was a kid, peacocks were very common on ranches in N-Cal. You rarely see them anymore, same with Emu’s, what ever happened to those things?

People wised up. I had several friends growing up with large cattle ranches in the Point Reyes area who had peacocks. They were loud, fawked up their vehicles and smelled worse than the cows and horses. Fuck those nasty birds.

Grew up with them on the farm. They were loud and feisty. They were eventually killed by foxes, dug under the fence and had a feast. Also grew up with random wild ones around. They will perch on your roof if free roaming while attacking its reflection on any vehicles or sliding glass doors. Not a fan of them.

When I was a kid, peacocks were very common on ranches in N-Cal. You rarely see them anymore, same with Emu’s, what ever happened to those things?

Neighbors probably encouraged the owner of the peacocks to relocate them or they (peacock) may have an “accident”

I remember when Emu were being promoted as a replacement for beef (I may be mistaken), I think the profit fell flat and the novelty of the bird died off :homer:

Didn't read the previous pages

But +1 on noisy as fawk

Neighbor like an 1/8 mile away had em and it was cool but in my yard would be loud

Loud as fuck. You can hear them over a quarter mile away. Tell your old lady to stick to building junk out of scrap pallets like all the other Pinterest wives do.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
As if it hasn't been said enough. They are annoying as fuck. I do want to know if they taste good though.

I grew up on a bird refuge. My best memories are sneaking up on the males when they're fanned out and ripping a hand full of tail feathers.
that and taping a flashlight to a 22 barrel and blasting rats at night in the feed shed and getting my ass beat by geese.
There was still Canadian geese than came back every year that I tagged 10 years prior. That was kinda cool.

I grew up on a bird refuge. My best memories are sneaking up on the males when they're fanned out and ripping a hand full of tail feathers.
that and taping a flashlight to a 22 barrel and blasting rats at night in the feed shed and getting my ass beat by geese.
There was still Canadian geese than came back every year that I tagged 10 years prior. That was kinda cool.

Oh and...

"HELP HELP HELP"
Fuckers are worse than roosters!

I haven't read anything already posted, but I will throw my useless opinion out there. They are loud (especially in the morning). They make a huge shit mess.... and they fly just well enough to get on your roof and do as previously described. I have had some other (i believe) unique experiences that involve electricity, neighbors, and glass. Unless you want a really annoying, troublesome pet with few redeeming qualities, I'd tell the wife to get a peacock statue.

Neighbors probably encouraged the owner of the peacocks to relocate them or they (peacock) may have an “accident”

I remember when Emu were being promoted as a replacement for beef (I may be mistaken), I think the profit fell flat and the novelty of the bird died off :homer:

it was several years ago. decades or so? I don't remember when, but yeah i do remember that. went so far that we had emu burgers for thanksgiving :rasta:

there is a house up the road that has 'pet' emus that i strongly believe are leftovers from that meat attempt :laughing:

Not far from here in Fort Pierce Florida in the old downtown area there are hundreds of peacocks. They are a endangered specie and are protected. They even have them yellow signs warning drivers about them.
https://visitstlucie.com/the-story-b...f-fort-pierce/

Another area here in FLorida is coconut grove the fuckers are everywhere its funny watching tourists freak out from the noise they make thinking something is injured.

They are loud and crap everywhere but they do eat snakes. We had them down at ranch houses in South Texas and they were great at keeping the rattlesnakes away. Also agree you don't really need to feed them but having a good source of water is important.

grew up with a flock of them a 1/4 mile down the road.

in the evenings during the summer they would make that fucking whaaaaaaaaaaaaa wahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa noise for hours. one would do it and then it was a chorus of the bastards.

fuck those things.

Horrible creatures. Loud as all fuck and it sounds like they're in pain. Very messy. They can be mean too. You'll probably end up shooting them.

Mountain lions, bears, fox and coyotes would eat them, which is good.

Exact mirror of my experience growing up. My cousins lived down the street from a peacock farm. I disliked them, my aunt, uncle, and cousins despised them.

Top Back Refresh