What's new

Parallel to series and back

Right_side_up

ST4x4
Member Number
Not sure if this has been covered before, but I picked up a ready welder, and wanted to see if I can make a switching setup to run the jeep, then switch to series in the batteries and run the welder.

Basically allow me to run 24v without pulling the dual batteries out of the rig every time. Anyone done something like this?

Not trying to fry electrical components or burn down the jeep, but it would be convenient

Yes depending on the current accessed one can charge a 2nd battery p

I have a switch diagram, will upload it asap.

Its called a series parallel switch. PAE had one for sale for forever for crazy money.

I have a ready welder as well. I've resorted to knowing that it'll take me an extra 5 minutes to configure batteries if I need it.

Its called a series parallel switch. PAE had one for sale for forever for crazy money.

I have a ready welder as well. I've resorted to knowing that it'll take me an extra 5 minutes to configure batteries if I need it.
How come you didn’t end up using it?

Still have it, sitting by the dining room table, anyone csn have it at my wholesale cost, bout 150.00 plus shipping.

Would most likely fit in a medium FRB.

Uploading pictures

20191104_142836.jpg

20201227_164147.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party, but....

There's a way to do it, or close. I'll look for my schematic. We ran a pair of 8d batteries in the bed of our 12v service trucks to jump both 12v and 24v machines

The truck had its own battery and a fuse or breaker to charge the pair, there was an Anderson connector for the jumper cables, and a second Anderson connector that when hooked up properly would deliver 12v,

That Anderson connector also had a corner ground out of it so that you could pull it out and slide it over just connecting one pin, that was the 24v "setting" and if you didn't put it back after jumping your machine, the batteries wouldn't charge off the trucks alt

So that's your logic problem of the day:laughing:

Have that switch, ex boss found it for me in a surplus place some 20 years ago.

Top Back Refresh