What's new

Pallet of D0VE heads

Since we're talking about 460s , I'm currently doing a pm on this one. Runs on natural gas and has a baby turbo
20230629_103356.jpg
20230629_103344.jpg

The elim heads may be from eliminator products? They make or made a lot of stuff like that. From stock stuff to really good stuff. They have been having casting foundry problems for a while.

Correct me if im wrong, but never seen a D0ve head that didnt come with pressed in rocker studs?
Mine had threaded studs. 7/16" I think. I had to use a cutter to cut down the pedestal face for guide plates when I put in roller rockers.

Your right, they are threaded, 7/16 i think, but positive stop studs. Getting my shit mixed up thanks for correcting

I forgot I needed to get back to this. I think I posted this thread the day the engine in my 6.4 broke on my way to a race. I haven’t touched a head yet.

I took pics best I could with the shitty lighting. There’s isn’t a single number cast or stamped anywhere on any of these heads. I’m going to have a set built out to test run the cost. Machine the spring pockets for big valve springs, and have the rocker pedestal machined for thread in studs.

IMG_4538.jpeg
IMG_4539.jpeg
IMG_4540.jpeg
IMG_4545.jpeg

IMG_4541.jpeg

Last edited:
Meh, easy peasy to knock a couple thou off the deck of a bare head.

Low(er) speed high torque stuff.

You don't need that extra volume. You want a perfect "column of air" taking the nicest path it can to the valve. Having unecessary volume acts kinda like an exhaust resonator.
There is 4 of the ELIM 1 heads.
My 99 model propane 460 had e6te's with full sized ports (no infill) but tiny exhaust valves where the seat hung over into the bowl. Casting was on back side of head

1.jpg
2.jpg

After looking at them, no. These don’t have any numbers cast into them anywhere. Bigger valves and they don’t have that cast bump inside the exhaust port these are open port.

The heads I had on my 429's all had screw in studs and the ports on 1,4,5,and 8 the valve cover bolt hole was open to the intake port. I think they were 429SCJ and CJ heads.

Top Back Refresh