What's new

Outdoor Kitchen

IGT

Almost done
Member Number
Loc
West of the Mississippi
Starting to build an outdoor kitchen with a fireplace, pizza oven, and flat top grill.
The fireplace will be a grill and smoker.
We already have the flat top grill and pizza oven and they will get built in with brick to go with the fireplace.

We have a outdoor covered patio 20x40. I poured a 20x4 section for the brick to set on.

Until the brick work is done we set the pizza oven up temporarily and used it today for the first time.
We invited the family and assigned each a pizza ingredient.

At 750 F the pizza takes about two minutes to cook.
Fun day with the family and beer and pizza is still great.
I will use this thread as construction takes place

Here are pictures of the process today.
PXL_20221009_171546477.jpg

i want a pizza oven. i kinda want to build one, but then ill be fat.
There was a place in town that had a wood fired oven. I used to bring them wood, and they'd give me a pizza most of the time if I asked. Some of the best pizza I've had. Crust was just perfect where you could hold a slice with one hand.
Not sure if it was the oven that did that or the ingredients they use. Enough toppings that it was a push to eat 3 slices.
The pizzas were a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it. The other places, the pizza might only be $20, but can put the whole thing down the hatch without much trouble and then end up shitting my pants from the cups of grease I just ate.

They went out of business somehow.

That burnt blobby thing is a pizza?

I'm no Gordan Ramsey myself, but I think the dog would happy eating that thing :lmao:
:lmao:

We had eight people here and everyone picked the toppings they wanted and made their pizza.
We made 10 pizzas and all were demolished except the anchovie

We don’t have the crust perfected yet but I have a lot of oak to keep trying.
The crust was cooking all the way through just not browning on the bottom.

And AKnate :flipoff2:

This thread will be a few more months to complete
My first bricklayer I hired is in jail

My second bricklayer has a spot on his head and he was going numb on his face
Hospital now.

We have 2500 bricks to lay and a pallet of firebrick?

If my second bricklayer don't heal I'll be looking for a third.

fell down a rabbit hole while on a conference call today … Pizza Making Forum - Index
well today's gonna be a waste.....

Just had a cookoff this weekend, pizza was one of the categories. I've been messing with different dough recipes for years but really dialed down in the last couple week. I honestly think 750 is a bit too hot, you're burning the top before the bottom cooks. Try it at 600 and move the pizza around once or twice so it gets to a different hot spot on the oven floor, also, if it's sitting on a hot spot it won't keep burning the crust if you let it sit. If you are going to run that 750 hot, just put the pizza closer to the opening and spin it a few times in the same spot. If you want it burnt like that, pick it up with the peel and hold it closer to the roof for a second

Reactions: IGT
well today's gonna be a waste.....

Just had a cookoff this weekend, pizza was one of the categories. I've been messing with different dough recipes for years but really dialed down in the last couple week. I honestly think 750 is a bit too hot, you're burning the top before the bottom cooks. Try it at 600 and move the pizza around once or twice so it gets to a different hot spot on the oven floor, also, if it's sitting on a hot spot it won't keep burning the crust if you let it sit. If you are going to run that 750 hot, just put the pizza closer to the opening and spin it a few times in the same spot. If you want it burnt like that, pick it up with the peel and hold it closer to the roof for a second
Send dough please.

I had a friend that is a chef make me some dough. He said the same thing about cooling it down and said his hydration was made for 500 F.
I do turn it when the pizza is cooking.

Been making this Chicago style pizza dough for more than 35 years.

2 pkgs yeast
2 cups warm water
Mix and let bubble….10-12 minutes.

Add 3 cups AP flour
1/3 cup corn meal
1/3 cup Olive oil
1 t salt

Dough hook for 15 minutes.

Add 1-1/2 to 2 cups more AP flour and dough hook 10 minutes more.

Let rise twice.

Divide and conquer.

Makes two big pies that withstand a bunch of toppings

Reactions: IGT
Top Back Refresh