What's new

Oh, noes! I am considering it... LS Swap?

I would like a cclb but I love my suburban I don't have the back seats in it and If I didn't have a child the middle row would be folded down. So it's basically a truck with a camper shell.

Thanks assholes, now I’m looking for an 8.1/Allison for my 3/4ton. Like I need more shit to do

How much money is burning a hole in your pocket? :flipoff2:

I have one (2003 I think, has egr) that needs the harness cleaned up. I never ran it and been sitting sealed up for a year or so. Had 78k when pulled, saw the truck, but obviously cant prove it now.

I would like a cclb but I love my suburban I don't have the back seats in it and If I didn't have a child the middle row would be folded down. So it's basically a truck with a camper shell.

Right, untill an axle or transmission moves and gear oil spills out :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I liked our 01 burb, had 10 people in it to look at Xmas lights. The 6.0/4l80e sucked, an 8.1 version would be pretty sweet.

How much money is burning a hole in your pocket? :flipoff2:

I have one (2003 I think, has egr) that needs the harness cleaned up. I never ran it and been sitting sealed up for a year or so. Had 78k when pulled, saw the truck, but obviously cant prove it now.

Send me a price and I’ll see if I can swing it. Where you located?

What's the official tow rating? Its a 4L85e, right? How does it perform compared to the Allison in the trucks?

I am regularly towing up to 10,000 lbs, and the purpose of a truck would be to eventually get a gooseneck and up the numbers in the future. If the bumper numbers are only inhibited by the hitch system, I could always check into the availability of a Class V hitch system, add in WD bars, and go for a longer bumper pull instead. I do like the idea of folding down the seats and tossing a mattress in the back on road trips, as I used to do that back in the day when I owned an old 'Burb.

What's the official tow rating? Its a 4L85e, right? How does it perform compared to the Allison in the trucks?

I am regularly towing up to 10,000 lbs, and the purpose of a truck would be to eventually get a gooseneck and up the numbers in the future. If the bumper numbers are only inhibited by the hitch system, I could always check into the availability of a Class V hitch system, add in WD bars, and go for a longer bumper pull instead. I do like the idea of folding down the seats and tossing a mattress in the back on road trips, as I used to do that back in the day when I owned an old 'Burb.

Mines a ½ ton.

Top Back Refresh