What's new

Official wheelin’ trip pics thread

I went wheeling at a place called good evening ranch in WV this weekend. Go, highly recommend! The website sucks, but the trails are awesome and the people running the place are awesome!

. . .

I will be going back for sure, it was my first time, but lots of big rocks and buggy type trails. Very cool place, and there is a bar on the property!:beer:
Very interesting. I like the multi-use nature of the facility. No trail map on the web site. Would you say there is enough to keep a group busy for a couple days? Were there many other groups running the trails?

Very interesting. I like the multi-use nature of the facility. No trail map on the web site. Would you say there is enough to keep a group busy for a couple days? Were there many other groups running the trails?
It was a club run, and we were the only ones there. You could spend a weekend there for sure, it's one of the favorite places for the buggy guys in the club im in. It's a pretty small place, but there are a bunch of trails and it's the typical SE slick rocks going up hills and tree type stuff. I never even heard of the place until recently but I guess it's been around for a while. A bunch of cabins as well on property.

Last edited:
Wheeling again!

pic-01.jpg

pic-02.jpg

pic-04.jpg

pic-07.jpg

pic-08.jpg

pic-09.jpg

pic-15.jpg

pic-18.jpg

pic-20.jpg

pic-25.jpg

No rear steer and no front dig. I'd go crazy. :confused:
Around here when you need to front dig your rear is usually already bunged up on some roots, or a hole in the dirt, or some other annoyance. No need for brakes.

That's what the guys claim. I think they are just lazy. Or crazy. Appears to be a Samurai thing. They all do it.
Thats really funny because years ago, I broke the line right off the proportioning valve on my samurai. I was a broke teenager so I just made the threaded piece into a plug "for now" I actually noticed the brakes seemed to work better. That was with regular Toyota axles and later FJ80s. Was like that for years and would hold the rig on a vertical climb no problem.

Guess I was ahead of the curve :homer::laughing:

Photos from the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs Q2 business "meeting". After these meetings we go wheeling on a (typically) private property that the host club has access to. Yesterday we had nearly 30 clubs represented and host club Mass Mudders from Gloucester, MA treated us to a great time at their property. The last ice age was very kind to the coast of New England.

pic-01.jpg

pic-02.jpg

pic-03.jpg

pic-04.jpg

pic-13.jpg

pic-15.jpg

Leon creek used to be a gatekeeper

IMG_20220503_220627.jpg

20220503_205636.jpg

IMG_20220503_220223.jpg

20220503_210147.jpg

IMG_20220503_215812.jpg
20220503_204911.jpg

Our bronco never had as much trouble as most everyone else did on the high runoff years. Dad's theory was his clutch fan didn't churn the engine bay up with mist like the fixed fans. Who knows. All I know is we pulled alot of people thru that creek.

Now there is a bridge. it's a clown car parade of sxs's on the weekend. These were taken in the late 80's early 90's. Fishing was insane up there pre whirling disease. 24" brown trout all day long.

Attachments

• IMG_20220503_220627.jpg
    IMG_20220503_220627.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes you were..
Hope there is some mechanical traction in that "stinger bumper"!

Top Back Refresh