What's new

OBS 7.3 2wd DRW -> 05+ supr duty swap and general build-up

That's a sweet trailer. Nice truck too.

Why TAG instead of gooseneck though? I get it for a small car hauler or small enclosed, but that thing is pretty big.

Gooseneck was 40' and $20k more and I honestly prefer a TAG trailer. No chance of me destroying the tailgate with that setup vs a gooseneck. :laughing:

Gooseneck was 40' and $20k more and I honestly prefer a TAG trailer. No chance of me destroying the tailgate with that setup vs a gooseneck. :laughing:

One you go gooseneck, there is no going back. A 40' goose will have a shorter overall length from the nose of the truck to the tail of the trailer and turn a lot tighter than your 34' tag trailer. Probably more likely to bang the trailer or tailgate up trying to cut hard with the tag than the gooseneck too. :flipoff2:

One you go gooseneck, there is no going back. A 40' goose will have a shorter overall length from the nose of the truck to the tail of the trailer and turn a lot tighter than your 34' tag trailer. Probably more likely to bang the trailer or tailgate up trying to cut hard with the tag than the gooseneck too. :flipoff2:

I'm with you, but I couldn't see myself paying an extra $20k more for the same trailer with a goose. That's insane money.

I'm with you, but I couldn't see myself paying an extra $20k more for the same trailer with a goose. That's insane money.

Yes it is, like they didn't want to sell him a goose kind of money lol.

If the tow rig ever breaks down having the trailer be bumper pull will make your ordeal a fuckton cheaper and easier.

Enterprise rents trucks with GN provisions if one ever needed it in a pinch. No breakdown with a trailer is ever cheap.

I live in Texas, plenty of room to turn things around without jackknifing(sp) the trailer and the +12" tongue length helps. Plus, only morons make super tight turns with triple axle trailers, goose or tag. Think before you pull into unfamiliar places....

I couldn't see myself paying an extra $20k more for the same trailer with a goose. That's insane money.

Exactly. I wasn't paying $20k extra for 6 extra feet and a carpeted cubby hole in the front to sleep in. I think I set up the new trailer pretty comfortably for what it is......

20231126_120414.jpg

20231126_214813.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh