What's new

NYE loser club

In, watching TV with my wife and drinking a Rum and Coke now. Spent the day shoveling snow and plowing snow, we got about 16" of snow over the last couple of days and expecting 6-10" more tomorrow according to the weather guessers. Went out to the garage and found out that when we took the 73 EB out for a drive a couple of days ago I left the ignition in the on position and killed my battery:homer:

I haven't gone out for NYE since 1999/2000, I'm old
I have a 74
And I did yard work all day since it was 68 degrees ….

In.
Didn't do shit today but watch College Bowl games which will continue into the evening. Wife is making Cheese Tortellini w/mushroom sauce for dinner. I

If its not cloudy I'll probably go out front at midnight and watch the ADAMAN Club launch their fireworks off the summit of Pikes Peak - its their 100th anniversary of doing it. They hike up Barr Trail every year to do it - 13 miles and 7400ft elevation gain.
They can’t drive up it ?

Did a 13 hour work day today, i dont generally work weekends or holidays, the plan was only 3 or 4 hours but sometimes things happen. Im dragging ass to stay up with my wife for the new year blah blah. 5 minutes, 1 more beer and im out.
3BA462BA-4479-410D-8537-6B5C5B53DF72.jpeg

well i haven't had a day off since thanks giving. been working 10s for a couple months. and i have been feeling a bit sick for the past week. so i will just grab a bight to eat, watch a mover and pop a few benadryl and if everything goes good i will be asleep before 9.
Same, though first couple days off since mid Nov. Been working 6pm to 6-8am and now my body clock is all out of wack. Back to work up north until February in a couple days.

Got fuck all done that I sorta planned to do, but oh well. Doing nothing but work keeps the wallet happy.

Also in for the morning after,

I can confirm that yes too much red wine and Chinese will keep a feller sittin' on the throne all night. I am supposed to go see my old mother today and have Chinese for lunch with her, I guess I pass on the Chinese and have a bologna sandwich instead.:laughing:

In for morning after. Was in bed about 9. Fell asleep and kept waking up for various reasons. Someone knocking on my stepsons window was the first. Going to dad's to do some work for him, then off to the German club for breakfast and beers or bloody Mary's. It's called their hangover breakfast.

Happy new year everyone. Hpping yell have a great year:beer:

Happy new years shitheads.
Drank all day and did some extra curricular activities

Woke up this morning at 605 and didn’t know if it was 0605 or 1805.

Wife is having her family Xmas here today :grinpimp:

I’ll be a touched individual in an hour, probably spend most of the day with the dogs and in the shop. :flipoff2:

In for morning after. Was in bed about 9. Fell asleep and kept waking up for various reasons. Someone knocking on my stepsons window was the first. Going to dad's to do some work for him, then off to the German club for breakfast and beers or bloody Mary's. It's called their hangover breakfast.

Happy new year everyone. Hpping yell have a great year:beer:
Knock knock, is there an empty seat at the German club?

Knock knock, is there an empty seat at the German club?

Actually yes. They are dieing off. Last meeting I went to I was easily the youngest by 20 years.

All are 70 and up. I will probably join as dad has been asking me to. They own the building, make money off renting some office space and have a ton of money in the bank. They do high-end dinners and only charge $15-$20 a head drinks included. I have met 2 other people over the years that are close to my age, we are their last hope.

I did a 1000 mile trip to va and back to get a new frame for my crewcab. left at 1pm, and got back around 9:30 am. tried to nap in the truck but didn't work real well. all this in a truck that pulls to the right(reason for the new frame due to a wreck a few years ago).
saw no cops the whole way up, and only one I saw on the way back was 15 miles from my house.

Bad start to the new year:
busted_sml.jpg

Truck decided it wanted to be a Honda Civic and get stanced on the wife:shaking: Upper ball joint blown out, lower joint sheered, and CV trashed. I've got no clue what caused this. Tomorrow is trying to figure out how quick a shop can get to it and what they think really needs to get repaired.

Bad start to the new year:
busted_sml.jpg

Truck decided it wanted to be a Honda Civic and get stanced on the wife:shaking: Upper ball joint blown out, lower joint sheered, and CV trashed. I've got no clue what caused this. Tomorrow is trying to figure out how quick a shop can get to it and what they think really needs to get repaired.
toyota reliability

I'm going with the upper wore out and fell apart, bottom got lever-sheared in the chaos insuing

NYE loser’s club follow up…

All roads around us were slowly getting shut down due to flooding. My oldest and her boyfriend had to get to the airport, he is active Army and had to get back to Alabama. He is a remf, I was a Grunt, his ass was getting to the airport.

Mission accomplished…

I attempted to return home, but every route was cutoff by flooding. I let Mrs know that I wasn’t going to make it home, I’d find a room near the airport so I could fly to San Diego in the morning. After an all day adventure, dad is home. I am finally home enjoying a rum&coke or three. I am really looking forward to next weekend.

Spent most of yesterday getting a head start on spring cleaning, or it was a late fall cleaning. Going to continue it today and make a dump run before 5.

One year old granddaughter spent the night.

We are still trying to recover from staying up until 4am.

Company got here at 9pm. Five of her seven dogs stayed in crates. Two ran with our four and did fine!! Joey the cat was a bit miffed about it and kept getting in the dogs faces. They are afraid of cats, poor pups.
The kid is 21 so he got up on the roof and pulled the plugged mesh off the stove pipe. I get to have fires again :)

Top Back Refresh