What's new

NXT22 wake surf

Poke

I’m condescending
Member Number
Anyone have an opinion on a mastercraft NXT22 for wake surfing, tubing, skiing, etc?

we looked at a centurion ri327 yesterday. It was sexy but I’m not sure I need my family to start on out with a machine that dedicated to just surfing.

Mastercraft makes a damn fine boat!

I have 2 friends that are surf instructors, and 1 swears by Nautiques, and the other Tige. Of those 2 the Tige rides better, but the Nautique has more gadgets.

Last edited:
They are a quality boat for sure. However, I think Axis is a better surf boat. My next boat will be the Axis A20.

I am a fan of Malibu/Axis. Climb around a MC, then jump into an Axis or Malibu. The MC looks like it is missing a lot. If you have the garage/storage space and a bigger lake get the biggest one you can afford.I had a 17 axis a20 and it was a great boat. I sold it when my daughter was born(spring 19) because i knew we werent going to be going out with a newborn. Once she is a little older I will be once again looking at malibu/axis, but in 22+ feet and ideally 23+. The surf gate system and wedge is super easy to set up consistently and throws a great wave for surfing. Tubing behind them is great as well, especially if you fill some of the ballast tanks. Skiing behind the a20, or any surf boat will be acceptable, but you will never get a nice ski wake out of them compared to a direct drive.

Resale is something to consider in non-covid times. Malibu/axis seem to hold their value better over the years, and they are one of the biggest in the game so there is name recognition. This spring when covid kicked off my local dealer had 25% off left over axis and 40% off left over malibu. I wish i had the cash and foresight to see what this year would have brought. Could have bought one, enjoyed for a couple months, and sold it for a quick 10k profit.

I am a fan of Malibu/Axis. Climb around a MC, then jump into an Axis or Malibu. The MC looks like it is missing a lot. If you have the garage/storage space and a bigger lake get the biggest one you can afford.I had a 17 axis a20 and it was a great boat. I sold it when my daughter was born(spring 19) because i knew we werent going to be going out with a newborn. Once she is a little older I will be once again looking at malibu/axis, but in 22+ feet and ideally 23+. The surf gate system and wedge is super easy to set up consistently and throws a great wave for surfing. Tubing behind them is great as well, especially if you fill some of the ballast tanks. Skiing behind the a20, or any surf boat will be acceptable, but you will never get a nice ski wake out of them compared to a direct drive.

Resale is something to consider in non-covid times. Malibu/axis seem to hold their value better over the years, and they are one of the biggest in the game so there is name recognition. This spring when covid kicked off my local dealer had 25% off left over axis and 40% off left over malibu. I wish i had the cash and foresight to see what this year would have brought. Could have bought one, enjoyed for a couple months, and sold it for a quick 10k profit.

This is pretty spot on. Although, I'm partial to a Master Craft just because I've been around them my entire life. You can't really go wring with either one.

https://www.scarabjetboats.com/us/boat/255-open-id

my pops saw one of these in person and said it was :smokin:

the one he saw had a trolling motor and the dude had air tanks mounted for diving

the pimped out options give you 600hp of jet power :eek:

if i were ever in the market for a brand new boat i'd consider one of these

edit: idk how good of a wake it has, but it does show someone wake surfing :homer:

FC8C7DB8-2C06-44FD-810D-B0C94DF7D38B.jpg

db7b1bde-dd25-4ac7-b124-0363441609e1.jpg

63ECGLQ6QBHX6B3KJ7ZHXHIJ4Q.jpg

86FD3E58-86DA-448C-9CEE-4CCBC3E2F956.jpg

Last edited:
Mastercraft, nautique, malibu are Consistently the top 3 brands (other than Pavati)

now is the most inflated I’ve ever seen boats selling for in my entire life though.

I have a 2015 Sanger v215s, Great all around boat, pulls a single ski, wake boards great, tubes and surfs great with a wake shaper. Price point is better than the big 3 but works amazing for what my family does with it. I went with a Sanger mainly because I wanted a surf boat that will fit under a 7' garage door for the winter. couldn't be happier with it, this thing was made for smiles.

They are a quality boat for sure. However, I think Axis is a better surf boat. My next boat will be the Axis A20.

Thanks. Looking hard at these. Didn’t know they existed till your post

To give proper boat advice we need pics of wife / girlfriend in swimwear or less.

When did ski boats start costing 100k+? We had a boat my dad bought for 10k back when I was in high school, and that was a terrible financial decision then. I went to the lake with friends a couple weeks ago, that there was a big malibu wake boat there. That damn thing cost $250k. I talked to the owner. He had financed it for 20 years! Wtf... Buy a rental house or something people.

When did ski boats start costing 100k+? We had a boat my dad bought for 10k back when I was in high school, and that was a terrible financial decision then. I went to the lake with friends a couple weeks ago, that there was a big malibu wake boat there. That damn thing cost $250k. I talked to the owner. He had financed it for 20 years! Wtf... Buy a rental house or something people.

His dad approved, I'm sure.

Look up the cost of the boat I suggested. And I k how of at least to pirates that have bought them in the last year

I agree that boats are incredibly expensive. Toons for over 100K :barf:.

But house? Here ya go.

hoose.JPG

:lmao:

I would say things started taking off around 05 when they started to transition away from ski boats, and into wakeboarding/surfing boats. You went from boats that weighed 2500lbs with a 240hp carb'd 350/351 costing around 28k. Now they have ones around 5-7k+ and being able to hold another 2-3k in ballast with a 575hp supercharged 6.2. Along with that come a stereo system that can project clear music across a football field, digital touchscreen gauges, heated power seats, heaters, showers, 4k board racks, 10k towers that fold themselves up, and the list goes on. Dont forget the flip down step off the platform so the whales have an easier time getting back into their boat after they fall out. Also, inflation

I would say things started taking off around 05 when they started to transition away from ski boats, and into wakeboarding/surfing boats. You went from boats that weighed 2500lbs with a 240hp carb'd 350/351 costing around 28k. Now they have ones around 5-7k+ and being able to hold another 2-3k in ballast with a 575hp supercharged 6.2. Along with that come a stereo system that can project clear music across a football field, digital touchscreen gauges, heated power seats, heaters, showers, 4k board racks, 10k towers that fold themselves up, and the list goes on. Dont forget the flip down step off the platform so the whales have an easier time getting back into their boat after they fall out. Also, inflation

Also the same time the x80? Came out with a bathroom so you could write off the intrest as a seconed home

Yeah boats are expensive. But you don’t have to spend that much. Their prices are actually down. You can get a stripped pontoon for $30k these days. It won’t go over 14mph. But it’s a boat.

They are financed like RV’s. 10-15 yrs. it’s like a $100 per $10,000. So $100k is $1000 ish Per month for 180 months. If you are doing that... that’s a big dang decision. My first home was less.

surf boats I’ve looked at are $95K - $160K. It’s certainly a larger decision. Surfing looks fun. Kids are the right age.

Yeah boats are expensive. But you don’t have to spend that much. Their prices are actually down. You can get a stripped pontoon for $30k these days. It won’t go over 14mph. But it’s a boat.

I paid less than half that for a 1996 Cobalt 24' runabout with a 454 that runs 55mph in really good shape

Look up the cost of the boat I suggested. And I k how of at least to pirates that have bought them in the last year

There is a major difference between that and an NXT. You're talking Mahindra Roxor vs the new Bronco.

At first glance I saw $315k on the Pavati.

They seriously make boats specifically for wake surfing now?? I thought that was for when you were just too tired or drunk to wakeboard or ski

I have a 2015 Sanger v215s, Great all around boat, pulls a single ski, wake boards great, tubes and surfs great with a wake shaper. Price point is better than the big 3 but works amazing for what my family does with it. I went with a Sanger mainly because I wanted a surf boat that will fit under a 7' garage door for the winter. couldn't be happier with it, this thing was made for smiles.

love my Sanger v230.

NXT is MC's entry level/price point boat. It won't have all the gadgets on it, but will put out a solid wave.

Cobalts aren't safe to surf behind

Settled on a NXT24. New size they came out with for ‘21.

we looked at Centurion and Axis. I planned to buy the Axis but we looked at it and 10min later looked over a MasterCraft. The quality of the MC was unreal compared to the Axis. The family was sold on MC.

Centuion is a surf only boat. You don’t want to ski or tube behind it. We couldn’t fathom buying a single purpose boat with basic water sport limitations. High quality boat, looked good and seemed well built.

so we will have a 24’ MC in the spring. Last decision is if the 6.0 is big enough or for $11k do we want the 6.2?

Top Back Refresh