What's new

Nuke Convoy

No I didnt, a friend sent it to me that I hang out with.

Did you take that video?

It's clear that the Policeman who pulled over to tell the person that they couldn't video caused the events that led to the wreck. Awesome, make sure we don't have videos but almost cause a huge nuke disaster.

Last edited:
almost cause a huge nuke disaster.
I don't think nukes work the way you think nukes work. :laughing:

Nothing that can happen on the highway (while transporting a warhead, or complete weapon) is going to cause a nuclear disaster(talking accidents/crashes/fire etc here). Hell, we've crashed more than a few planes into mountains that then burst into flames carrying nukes with no consequence.
In 1950 we crashed a plane carrying one into a mountain that was also FULL of them. Lab techs in the mountain didn't hear or feel a thing from the reports I've read. :laughing:

Date: April 11, 1950
Aircraft departed Kirtland AFB at 9:38 p.m. and crashed into a mountain on Manzano Base approximately three minutes later killing the crew. Detonators were Installed in the bomb on board the aircraft. The bomb case was demolished and some high explosive (HE) material burned in the gasoline fire. Other pieces of unburned HE were scattered throughout the wreckage. Four spare detonators in their carrying case were recovered undamaged. There were no contamination or recovery problems.

Last edited:
Every time I see this thread, it reminds me of that terrible 'Army of the Dead' movie, where a zombie breaks out of a military convoy.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 10-52-57 Netflix Army of the Dead Zeus Zombie Break out Scene.png

We can only hope.

Nd9GcSamCg1RuLjr6EgwQH4WIoXpQ9Ea9EI-g1jaA&usqp=CAU.jpg
My step daughters started telling me all about their zombie apocalypse plans when I moved here. None of what they thought they'd be doing in that situation made any sense (not that my plan does either.)

I said, "look, your ONLY job during an event where we're about to be overrun by the dead is to stay behind me, keep pushing bullets into the AK-74 magazines and pass them forward. When the bullets run out or there is no more skin on your fingertips, you pass me the Glock magazines with the numbers that I ask for, because if I say 'three fifty seven' and you hand me 10mm, we're all gonna have a big problem."

Last edited:
I did guard duty for weapons transports at several naval facilities. My brain felt like I had a dirty sock in my head. I can sympathize with the rearend accident guy.
Edit: he’s lucky if he didn’t get shot or charged with sabotage.

Last edited:
Nobody drives alone. I'm sure the other people in the truck vouched for him being a hapless idiot. :laughing:
That’s what’s lucky, if anyone inside thought he was trying to do damage they could have shot him. Shooting him from outside would be difficult with the hardened truck.

That number sounds like Reddit type exaggeration.

If putting the hurt on NYC or SF were as easy as parking two big pressure vessels full of the right stuff on a trailer someone would've already done it.
Those would be perfect conditions in a densely populated area.
The estimates were 30k and up depending on conditions. It's enough to be concerned about.
And, it's a solid rocket. You don't just make one of those in your local Mosque.
I'm surprised that we don't have more attacks with things like chloramine gas.

I don't think nukes work the way you think nukes work. :laughing:

This. It is very very very hard to make a modern nuclear weapon go off even when you want it to and know everything about it. For all intents and purposes impossible to have happen by accident, and physically impossible to occur just from a traffic accident, fire, impact, etc.

When I was at the shipyard we would periodically have boats in for refueling/defueling, and would have a unit of Marines guarding the perimeter, with pretty strict orders on how to deal with perceived threats. Every time they setup, there would be multiple announcements in the shipyard newsletter about not ignoring their requests, making fun of them, intruding on perimeters, etc., and pretty much every avail someone would and meet the pavement face first. Nuclear weapons/material security is something we do no mess around with at all.

Wafb. Whiteman air force base, circa 1992, was deactivating the minuteman missles. Being in vehicle maintenance, we had the base shop truck. I got to ride in the maintenance truck, way back behind a couple war head convoys. We were never allowed very close but also were told to not stop for anything. Signs. Lights. Local Leo. Nothing. Keep rolling and stay with the convoy.

So, not only is it the security on the road. I know for a fact that sensitive cargos get satellite watch as well.

Where ever that ends up hitting, it's going to leave a mark at those velocities. So I could put .223/5.56 rounds through my 350 Legend bolt gun, potentially.. interesting.

Top Back Refresh