What's new

Noticed that beef-ribs are more readily available..

Member Number
Loc
OC, CA
I guess they cut them off roasts for the holiday season. These guys were on sale so I threw them on the smoker (picked a cheap boston butt and chuck roast too for another time).

Royal Oak charcoal, post oak chunks, dry brined over night, rub: ancho chili powder, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne. Before I take them off I’ll brush some Kinder’s Mild BBQ sauce on (dark thick & sugary).

Dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow (ribs, eggs, and hash browns).

IMG_0351.png

Around here, you used to be able to get beef ribs with a decent amount of meat on them, now it seems like they really trim the hell out of them.

My kids prefer beef ribs over pork, I usually 3-2-1 them either way, Costco Butt Rub (dry BBQ seasoning rub) for several hours beforehand, 3-ish hours bare bone-side-down in smoker, wrap in foil, add apple juice, seal up, 2 more hours in the smoker, then pull the foil, 1 more hour (till temp, usually aim for 195) and pull them.

I've done it fully lazy before too, rub, smoke to temp, no foil or anything, usually takes ~5ish hours, still good, but doesn't have the moisture and the ribs are a bit tougher/chewier.

Top Back Refresh