What's new

Nonmetallic flexible conduit fittings... What's the trick?

InDaRed2

Member Number
Loc
STL
Spit on it first? My dumbass using the wrong shit?

Hooked up a hot tub whip with 3/4” flexible nonmetallic conduit and a 3/4" straight fitting into the spa breaker panel. Fucking tube popped out of the connector. I thought I had it in pretty good but I guess not. Got it back up enough to hold for right now until I figure out how to do this shit property.

Here's a pic of how far I can get some extra stuff I have laying around to go together. The end of the tube is just barely under the retention tabs if the connector.

Can't twist it by hand to help try and screw it in farther and rocking it back and forth and pushing also goes nowhere. The packaging says it's for 3/4" flex conduit. Videos I saw the fuckers just slid fully on with not a lot of effort so what gives?

Click image for larger version Name:	20201203_214519_copy_3000x2250.jpg Views:	186 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	220829

Last edited:
Looks different than the connectors i am used to. Typically outer collar goes on first, then tapered ring, then inner bushing that screws inside. What does it look like apart? Do you need to chamfer the outer edge of the pvc to slide in better?

Disasemble the fitting, slide nut over, then fit the ring, then the insert, just like crimsen said, then follow t.n.'s instructions...

Disasemble the fitting, slide nut over, then fit the ring, then the insert, just like crimsen said, then follow t.n.'s instructions...

It's 2 pieces and according to the video of a similar connector didn't even need to be disassembled.

Like this...

​​​​​

Whats to lose doing it "old school" bx/liquidtight be3n around aloooong time.
you musta failed somewhere did you square cut and deburr the flex pipe?

Whats to lose doing it "old school" bx/liquidtight be3n around aloooong time.
you musta failed somewhere did you square cut and deburr the flex pipe?

Nonmetallic for use in wet locations. Tubing is cut square and deburred.

Have you tried not being a little bitch? :flipoff2:

Usually when I've made those connectors, there's a little bit of the inner conduit sticking out. the tabs should maybe go inside the non-metallic sheath? :confused:

Disassemble and assemble as i directed above. Stop trying to make the shortcut work. Also, yes, lubricate the piece that fits inside. If spit is good enough for your dick, its good enough here.

Would still be interested to see a picture of your connector fully disassembled to see each individual part. If it is in fact like your stock photo, yes, likely it will need some lubrication to fully insert the inner piece. Being able to twist it also helps to fully seat it inside the non-metallic.

The connector is fully disassembled in the picture in the OP. It's only 2 pieces as mentioned above :flipoff2:

Home cheapo has another brand that I'm gonna grab and see if it's any different but both the conduit and connector are the same brand...

Sometimes making sure the conduit is warm will help.

If you lubercate the conduit use soapy water. Don't try to make the flex as short as possible that is going to cause problems, you might need to tighten the fittings with rib joint pliers.

You suck, you aren’t an electrician, stop trying to be. Where is the nut that makes that connection a compression?

You suck, you aren’t an electrician, stop trying to be. Where is the nut that makes that connection a compression?

/\ This, you need the gription to keep it from pulling out

Or is this a shark bite type fitting???
mice never see that type fitting with conduit but could see it beinmade and of course Home Depot carrying it because....”you can do it” mr homeowner, it’s easy!!!!

edit: went and looked at the photo again... you can see the exterior threads for the locking nut.... locking nut is not in the pic.... where’s the locking nut????

Last edited:
Just say no to lowes and homedepot they cut corners on quality.
O.p. is missing a step, or has shitty plastic garbage designed to hit a pricepoint.

The nut isn't installed because I was trying to see how it fit in left over parts I had.

The fitting isn't going on the tube far enough for the locking tabs to even grab.

Watch the video I posted on the first page to see how they are supposed to work... Conduit manufacturer supposedly days this nut works. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The nut isn't installed because I was trying to see how it fit in left over parts I had.

The fitting isn't going on the tube far enough for the locking tabs to even grab.

Watch the video I posted on the first page to see how they are supposed to work... Conduit manufacturer supposedly days this nut works. :rolleyes:

Stick the end of the conduit in hot water then shove the connector on it.

Stick the end of the conduit in hot water then shove the connector on it.

Can't anymore on the piece I already got installed :flipoff2:

I did heat it up with a heat gun before I installed it which is why I thought I got the connector on all the way.

I'm gonna try and find one of the ones that the other guys mentioned that have the multiple pieces that works like a compression fitting instead of this slip together bull shit.

Man you fuckers can't read can you. I don't have the nut on the one pictured so you fuckers could see how far the conduit goes on. I have the nut on the one that's actually installed but the tube doesn't go up far enough for the tabs to grab.

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Man you fuckers can't read can you. I don't have the nut on the one pictured so you fuckers could see how far the conduit goes on. I have the nut on the one that's actually installed but the tube doesn't go up far enough for the tabs to grab.

Try letting a man do it. :flipoff2:

No need to get hostile, we are not the ones who cant figure out how to press a tube into a fitting here. If you would of posted a picture of your bullshit craptactular connector with all the fitting pieces and not a piece of conduit jammed weakly into it obstructing the internals like was originally requested, you could of saved a page of BS and had an answer already. Let us help you by helping us!:flipoff2:

Robo-grips were the answer. It was able to be screwed in. Not sure how these are different than the ones in the video on the previous page but whatever.

20201204_163635_copy_3000x2250.jpg

​​​​​

And here I put the cap on it for all you winey bitches...

20201204_163714_copy_2250x3000.jpg

Reactions: Clb
Top Back Refresh