What's new

Nobody Is Gonna Fill Their Shoes

No Country music has been made this century. Change my mind.

Look to texas and Ok. Some others in the south spread about. Sturgill Simpson has some good ones. I prefer Turnpike, Boland etc, lots steel guitar and fiddle.

I came from a great generation of music all the way around. Sad to say, they can't be replaced. Maybe once we get over this stupid Rap and Deva BS music hump we can produce some new generation talent that isn't already corrupt or perverted in some way.

Colter wall is a up and comer that i think will end up being a legend one day.

The Dead South is another great band that ranks way up there for me.

Tami Nelson is a friend of mine and she was instramental in reviveing country music in New Zealand

Not many left from this song

Willie
Jessi
Charlie maybe, not sure he meant Charlie Pride or not

If you feel that way it’s because you’re lazy.

Technology has made an environment where you can find music from all over the world. There’s plenty of good country music out there, you’re just not gonna hear it on the radio. You have to search for it.

If you feel that way it’s because you’re lazy.

Technology has made an environment where you can find music from all over the world. There’s plenty of good country music out there, you’re just not gonna hear it on the radio. You have to search for it.

Agreed.

With all of the free information at peoples fingertips, its mind boggling that if people can't find it on Google, Spotify, youtube, facebook or some other server owned by some rich asshole (with questionable motivations at best, that utilize algorithms to return results based on what they want you to consume) it doesn't exist...

Not many left from this song

Willie
Jessi
Charlie maybe, not sure he meant Charlie Pride or not

There is no good country music on FM radio. Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, Chris Knight, Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen should change your mind. Grumpy’s signature is from a damn good band, especially the first half dozen albums, but they aren’t really country.

No Country music has been made this century. Change my mind.[/QUOTE]

NOT Possible, holliweird musicians aint country nor western.:smokin:

Stoney larue, bleu Edmonson, johnny cooper, matt powel, and hayes carll. All great artist that youll probably not hear on the radio. Check em out.

I’m not “that” into country so the majority of the old stuff sucks in my opinion. I do like Hank Sr., Hank III, Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, and that’s about it. If they’re not country, I don’t care. :flipoff2:

Willie has been a POS for at least a couple of decades.

Some good bands suggested in this thread.

Red dirt country is pretty good for the most part.
Check out whiskey Meyers and Corb Lund, especially his earlier stuff.

Colter wall is a up and comer that i think will end up being a legend one day.

The Dead South is another great band that ranks way up there for me.

Tami Nelson is a friend of mine and she was instramental in reviveing country music in New Zealand

This is some good music!! I forgot how I stumbled onto the dead south, they have good music.

Stoney larue, bleu Edmonson, johnny cooper, matt powel, and hayes carll. All great artist that youll probably not hear on the radio. Check em out.

Added to my pandora, this is GOOD stuff. Thanks!

Well, Waylon asked for it. I don't like what we got either :flipoff2:

Lord it's the same old tune, fiddle and guitar
Where do we take it from here?
Rhinestone suits and new shiny cars
It's been the same way for years
We need a change

Well, Waylon asked for it. I don't like what we got either :flipoff2:

Lord it's the same old tune, fiddle and guitar
Where do we take it from here?
Rhinestone suits and new shiny cars
It's been the same way for years
We need a change

Somebody told me when I went to Nashville
"Son, you finally got it made
"Waylon made it here, we don't think that you will"
I don't think Waylon done it their way
No, I don't think Waylon done it their way

Love me some good ole outlaw country.

Whitey Morgan and Cody Jinks are worth a listen, seen them both multiple times.

Some names that haven't been mentioned yet (that I saw): Ward Davis, Paul Cauthen, Zach Bryan, Tanner Usrey. There's probably more good new country than any other genre right now. You just have to turn off the radio and CMT to have any chance to find it. That shit they play is basically hick-pop. Whatever it is, it ain't country.

Just saw Whitey Morgan last week, also, check out Dale Watson, I can see him three times a week if I want to.

Whitey’s played private shows at a couple of my buddies houses the last 5 or 6 years. If you saw the livestream from the Rassa Ranch earlier this year, that was one of them.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh