What's new

NFA Form 1/4 fuckery

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Who else is waiting on one? Today marks 7 months of an ongoing form 4. It also marks 1 month of an efile form 1. Hopefully I get my form 1 back in the next week or 2. I am getting tempted to bug the ATF about my form 4. The wait is starting to chap my ass.

My last F4 and F1 took 13 months and 11 months, respectively. Admittedly that was a few years ago and they were submitted by snail mail. However, my transporting across state lines form took only ten days (last month). Last transport form a couple of years ago was ~6 weeks. You can call the ATF regarding your F1/F4's, forgot the phone number, but all you will get is that is in process unless you fawked up something on the forms.

my last purchases on Form 4 were approved back in 2017 and they took 9 months, but they also were brought pre-election and then were approved in March 2017. The one before that, was bought January 2016 and approved in 5 months.

im just about to start the wait again, bought two cans that i dont even have serial numbers for yet. still have to fingerprint my wife on the trust.

Finally got off my ass and set up my gun trust recently. Mailed off that info on 6/4/21 and received an email welcoming me to ATF eForms on 6/8/21. Form 1 for my new sbr $200 payment cleared my cc 6/4/21. Only loaded the trust with my new/pending/build (SBR 9mm pcc) & $1.00.
I'll transfer my two cans as time and $400 more become more available (forms 4's are so slow that I can't get too motivated!).
Fangers crossed I didn't fuck up any of my paperwork !

My first Form 1 for an SBR (trust and E-file) was a few days over 30. They “disapproved“ it because apparently I didn’t print out and sign the “responsible persons” page.

I’m still mad about it so they can eat shit. Eventually I’ll calm down and care enough to do it again.

My first Form 1 for an SBR (trust and E-file) was a few days over 30. They “disapproved“ it because apparently I didn’t print out and sign the “responsible persons” page.

I’m still mad about it so they can eat shit. Eventually I’ll calm down and care enough to do it again.
You didn't say how long ago this was, but...
You get to "jump" back to the front of the line when you fix an error. The clock (or calendar, in this case:flipoff2:) doesn't reset when you resubmit.

You get to "jump" back to the front of the line when you fix an error. The clock (or calendar, in this case:flipoff2:) doesn't reset when you resubmit.
Good to know, since I'm sure that in the 1/4" thick stack of papers I sent to them there are at least a few errors!

It’s my understanding that is the case for paper forms. On E-forms I asked and it was “sorry, start everything over and try again.” They have been taking just over a month, but it’s a pain in the ass.

Of course they are pushing everyone to make their braced pistols SBR’s now, but the process sucks.

I'm currently on day 149 since checked cashed on 2 Trust Form 4's. Checks were cashed 37 days from mailing. Called WV on monday and they said the current processing time is 7 months. Based on that, I'm 2 months from approval; then another 3 weeks from stamps in hand. I prefer NFAtracker's timeline. Their rolling average is 160 days from checks cashed to approval is 160 days. Then 23 days to stamps in hand. :fingers crossed:

I'm currently on day 149 since checked cashed on 2 Trust Form 4's. Checks were cashed 37 days from mailing. Called WV on monday and they said the current processing time is 7 months. Based on that, I'm 2 months from approval; then another 3 weeks from stamps in hand. I prefer NFAtracker's timeline. Their rolling average is 160 days from checks cashed to approval is 160 days. Then 23 days to stamps in hand. :fingers crossed:
I wouldn’t go by nfatracker. I’m on day 216.

Welp, I just got an email from [email protected] on my Form1 (5320.1) bla, bla, bla DISAPPROVED
Reason for Disapproval: Form 23 RPQS are not signed. Refund in progress.
I sent it as digitally signed (item 7).
Anybody else have this issue? It sounds like I'll get to start over, new fingerprint cards and all, and I get to go to the back of the line.
FUCK

Just called those cocksuckers. Both are still pending.

Welp, I just got an email from [email protected] on my Form1 (5320.1) bla, bla, bla DISAPPROVED
Reason for Disapproval: Form 23 RPQS are not signed. Refund in progress.
I sent it as digitally signed (item 7).
Anybody else have this issue? It sounds like I'll get to start over, new fingerprint cards and all, and I get to go to the back of the line.
FUCK
I’ve heard that happens. You should be able to print off the signed copy and fax it in.

I’ve heard that happens. You should be able to print off the signed copy and fax it in.
Thanks! I'll report back when I figure it out. (rumor is, I'll have to resend fingerprint cards, etc.)

Tax stamp was cashed 12/15/20 for a form 4 trust suppressor. That's 198 days and counting.

Month 2 (9 weeks I think) of waiting since they charged my card for my current form four.
Last form four (last year) took 5 months.

Will be submitting a form 1 in a couple months, hopefully it moves quickly.

Still waiting :mad3: When I called the other day I asked the lady if the ATF was hiring as they are clearly understaffed.

9.5 months to my door. Liberty Vector

IMG_6762.jpg

Still waiting :mad3: When I called the other day I asked the lady if the ATF was hiring as they are clearly understaffed.
You sound like you think the ATF should care. They are the ATF, they don't care, they don't have to.

It's been almost a decade since my MG transfer and the FFL told me, waaaayyyyy back then, that the ATF was planning on increasing their personnel verrrrrry sooooooooon. If you think waiting for a can makes you anxious, try waiting for a whole MG...:laughing: (over 14 months :mad3:)

they have plenty of staff, they are just government workers. no incentive to get the job done. hell our president sure as hell doesn't want them to work fast.

Updating this. My form 1 and form 4 were both approved 8/23.
580F2312-D438-4B0B-8868-DFD6AA394700.jpeg
F9DAD781-657F-4DE4-9541-124BFABF69BE.jpeg
5E1BA4F5-B893-43D4-BE56-6EE24587F7CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought one in mid May but kept putting off files my forms. Just went 8/20. I told the suppressor “I’ll see you next year.” :homer:

This is no infringement in any way btw. :mad3:

Thanks. What ever happened with your shit? Did you get it straightened out?
Nope! I sent it off a second time and it was rejected a second time (come to find out I had a typo on the model and they didn't tell me the first time around :(. I had to reorder FP cards & ink. Hopefully, the third time is a charm!

Top Back Refresh