What's new

New UTV Sticky tire released

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Looks like Roctane has released a new sticky version of tire. It's called the STX. They have an ST which is a 10 ply rated and the STX which is a 8 ply rated in a sticky compound. I have not heard any reviews on these yet but they may have not been released to the wild yet. Like other Roctanes they are heavy AF. the 35" Sticky STX is listed at 61# on a 15" wheel. They are also the only tire I have seen listing a 37" tire for a 15" wheel.

Roctane+ST-STX+Tire.png

I actually just saw these myself yesterday, boss has an XD1500 on order and wants an aggressive 33 or 35 to put on it, thought these in the ST flavor would look pretty sweet. All of the System 3 tires (which is now Highlifter Tire and Wheel) we've sold have been pretty good. They've got a Carnivore knockoff that's pretty good.

Weights listed are for tire only, unless your seeing something I'm not?

Looks like Roctane has released a new sticky version of tire. It's called the STX. They have an ST which is a 10 ply rated and the STX which is a 8 ply rated in a sticky compound. I have not heard any reviews on these yet but they may have not been released to the wild yet. Like other Roctanes they are heavy AF. the 35" Sticky STX is listed at 61# on a 15" wheel. They are also the only tire I have seen listing a 37" tire for a 15" wheel.

Roctane+ST-STX+Tire.png
Wow that is a heavy 35X15! Roxxilla is at 52# and Sniper 920 at 42#

I wonder how strong/thick the sidewalls are on the Roctanes. I'm not having much luck with UTV tire sidewalls as the places I ride have lots of thorny bush and sharp shale rock. The Interco 920 sniper's I'm currently running have more sidewall plugs than I care to admit. At roughly 7# more than the Roctanes I'm thinking of trying a set of TSL SXII, SX-2 60.

33*9.5*15 SX 2 is 60#. Pretty heavy

But only 28 more pounds total for all 4 vs Roctanes so not horrible vs the UTV equivalent.

My concern would be how they would act at higher speeds and if enough weights could be added to the wheel to balance them out. Interco has a habit of making less than round tires....

But only 28 more pounds total for all 4 vs Roctanes so not horrible vs the UTV equivalent.

My concern would be how they would act at higher speeds and if enough weights could be added to the wheel to balance them out. Interco has a habit of making less than round tires....
that's an understatement. lol

I wonder how hard the truck compound is in a non sticky. you'd probably get 20k miles out of a set on a SXS :laughing:

TSL SXII- 35x10x15 is 66# they claim. I'm not to concerned with balancing, these would be for low speed crawling and trail riding. Not looking for a sticky but the compound is fairly soft when new. I'd put them on a diet anyway, shave a few pounds making them more out of round:) My concern after thinking on it is the bead being to thick to seat on the wheel inner bead or clamp fully on the outer. I've had that problem with larger TSL SXII sticky's/non sticky in the past.

Maxxis Roxzilla 35x10x15 I believe is 52# can't seem to find the actual weight listed on maxxis web site. Found some utube vids with tire and wheel weight of 110# which dosen't sound right, but who knows.. I would hate to get a set of these and have the same sidewall issue.

This will be my 3rd set of tires in 1500miles so I'm leaning towards the SXII if there available..

good call on the bead thickness. that is something to take into consideration with UTV wheels. at minimum you would have to run longer bolts on the beadlock ring. But as you said it might not seat on the inner.

Have you looked at the Nitto Trail Grappler SXS? They list a 35*9.5*15 at 56#.

Buddy in GA runs them on GA, TN and AL trails and really likes them. He said they don't do that great in deep mud but are great on the rocks and hard pack. I would think they would really shine in the desert.

TSL SXII- 35x10x15 is 66# they claim. I'm not to concerned with balancing, these would be for low speed crawling and trail riding. Not looking for a sticky but the compound is fairly soft when new. I'd put them on a diet anyway, shave a few pounds making them more out of round:) My concern after thinking on it is the bead being to thick to seat on the wheel inner bead or clamp fully on the outer. I've had that problem with larger TSL SXII sticky's/non sticky in the past.

Maxxis Roxzilla 35x10x15 I believe is 52# can't seem to find the actual weight listed on maxxis web site. Found some utube vids with tire and wheel weight of 110# which dosen't sound right, but who knows.. I would hate to get a set of these and have the same sidewall issue.

This will be my 3rd set of tires in 1500miles so I'm leaning towards the SXII if there available..

Are those 35 SX2's actually 35"? Or are they like other Interco tires that are very "optimistic" in their sizing and actually 1-2" shorter at normal pressure?

From everything I've seen, the competition MT style SxS tires run very true to size if not a hair bigger. So a 33 Roxzilla and a 35 SX2 might actually be damn close in size.

I'd be shocked if those sx2's worked worth a fuck on a SxS. They are stiff on a 5k lb rig. You'd have to run zero psi to even hope for tire flex on a 2k lb sxs.

And ya, maybe 33" tall at best.

What are you doing to kill sidewalls? I can't imagine what you are doing is going to be harder on them than those can ams at koh with roxxilas.

35x10x15 are listed as 35.2", I have them on order so time will tell as to there true height. I'm well aware of the stiffness of these tires been running them for decades, but I do plan on grooving the tread to help them to conform. Damaging sidewalls here in NM isn't that hard as most trails I frequent have sharp shale/clay rock that slice thru sidewalls fairly easy and the mesquite pokes hole and pulls out of the UTV thin sidewalls leaving slow leaks.

35x10x15 are listed as 35.2", I have them on order so time will tell as to there true height. I'm well aware of the stiffness of these tires been running them for decades, but I do plan on grooving the tread to help them to conform. Damaging sidewalls here in NM isn't that hard as most trails I frequent have sharp shale/clay rock that slice thru sidewalls fairly easy and the mesquite pokes hole and pulls out of the UTV thin sidewalls leaving slow leaks.

Interco spec tire diameter is hit and miss... for some sizes and models, it's kinda sorta close. For other sizes within the same model it's way off. But I've never seen it spot on or higher.

It also depends on the wheel width and pressure. The problem is that most TSL model tires are overly stiff and need very low PSI to get any compliance and traction under a light rig. I'm talking 5-10psi under a 3-4k lb rig. Under a 1500lb SxS, they may need to be damn near flat to ride how you want them to.

My theory is that Interco measures their tires at maximum PSI, and the bias ply tires balloon like crazy, so a tire that's 35" tall at 50psi may only be 34" tall at 25psi and 33" tall at 5psi.

Top Back Refresh