What's new

New Polaris Xpedition Rangers

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Looks like Polaris is jumping into the Overland fray with an Ranger/General based Xpedition model. While I applaud them bringing new models to the scene it's gotten crazy how expensive these things are getting. The Xpedition ADV 5 Northstar is $45k! :eek:

Looks like Polaris is jumping into the Overland fray with an Ranger/General based Xpedition model. While I applaud them bringing new models to the scene it's gotten crazy how expensive these things are getting. The Xpedition ADV 5 Northstar is $45k! :eek:

I like it

Looking at the specs the 5 seat Northstar curb weight is just under 3000 pounds.. Depending on how it's sprung it may ride like hell. I had a 900S and even with $800 in Shock Therapy dual rate springs it still beat us up on rough trails. The rear trailing arm/radius rod setup is much smoother but not likely easy to package with the General/Ranger platform.

I will say for running fire roads, Arapeen/Paiute Trail/ and Black Hills type trails this would be the hot ticket.. Heat/AC to keep the wife/kids happy and plenty of room for a cooler and dry bag for a day long outing in the woods.

It’s cool and not sure which is harder to comprehend. A SxS with heat and ac or a price point of $45k for a SxS!

IMG_4961.png
IMG_4965.png

The new pro R can hit $60k

I don't get why people are shocked at the prices of sxs anymore. Look at how much shit they come with now.:laughing:

It's a neat idea, ill be curious to see how it sells. I thought the whole idea of overlanding was long trips with everything in one vehicle. Having to trailer to an ohv trail and then end up back at the same place seems to defeat the purpose.

The new pro R can hit $60k

I don't get why people are shocked at the prices of sxs anymore. Look at how much shit they come with now.:laughing:

It's a neat idea, ill be curious to see how it sells. I thought the whole idea of overlanding was long trips with everything in one vehicle. Having to trailer to an ohv trail and then end up back at the same place seems to defeat the purpose.
I’m shocked at prices of them since I’m not in the loop on any of the newer models (and by newer models I mean anything after the first year of the 1000 RzR’s).

Your comment about overlandery things and trailers was my thinking as well. Although with the claimed 200 mile range and the rear bumper configuration, curious how easy/difficult it would be to get one of these street legal in certain states.

I’m shocked at prices of them since I’m not in the loop on any of the newer models (and by newer models I mean anything after the first year of the 1000 RzR’s).

Your comment about overlandery things and trailers was my thinking as well. Although with the claimed 200 mile range and the rear bumper configuration, curious how easy/difficult it would be to get one of these street legal in certain states.

I doubt it's going to be legal in any states that won't allow sxs's currently, but who knows.

Either way, I can't imagine taking that on a 2 week long trip with highway driving involved.

These things will sell like crazy around here. A lot of Ranger Northstar owners want a nicer interior and more off-road capability. Pricey and probably still junk like all Polaris products but it'll be popular.

And we'll never see an factory street legal SxS, they'll just make it a car at that point. To get it to pass safety regs it'll be a car anyways.

Parts fiche is up on Polaris, all of the air ducting for the engine and clutch has some weird stuff going on, I'm guessing resonance chambers to absorb intake and clutch noise. If so, they're on to something for the guys that treat them like a car or truck.

Just checked, the frame is 100% unique to this model. The engine just came out in the 2024 RZR1000XP, shared with this model now. The suspension travel numbers are right on par with a General XP and the interior is more General than Ranger.

Talk about a bastard child.. XP engine, General style suspension setup, General interior. Just added the Northstar HVAC to the General so to speak.

I doubt it's going to be legal in any states that won't allow sxs's currently, but who knows.

Either way, I can't imagine taking that on a 2 week long trip with highway driving involved.
Our state is SxS friendly, but can’t figure out why the rear bumper is hung down so low in comparisons to other SxS’s.

Our state is SxS friendly, but can’t figure out why the rear bumper is hung down so low in comparisons to other SxS’s.
You're correct, a lot of states allow them on the road and even allow them to be registered. But the manufacturers will never market them that way or try to sell them as a 50 state street legal vehicle.

I'm guessing because it's actually frame mounted and not bed frame mounted.

I like it, but I need my Ranger to be a utility vehicle first. Being able to do some fire roads and such is an added bonus. This machine wouldn't work for me, but I am sure they will sell a bunch of them.

It’s cool and not sure which is harder to comprehend. A SxS with heat and ac or a price point of $45k for a SxS!

IMG_4961.png
IMG_4965.png
Shit, following the Polaris Ranger pages on FB, people were paying almost that much for used Rangers during the "pandemic" due to the limited availability of new ones.

My little brother had the flagship Northstar Ranger crew, whatever the camo version is. He ordered it Oct '21, got it March '22, kept it a year or so and sold it this spring for what he paid new. He threw it on FBMP for his MSRP and some guy contacted him and paid cash, didn't argue price at all. I couldn't believe it. The lots are full of SXSs now.. :homer:

Last edited:
My little brother had the flagship Northstar Ranger crew, whatever the camo version is. He ordered it Oct '21, got it March '22, kept it a year or so and sold it this spring for what he paid new. He threw it on FBMP for his MSRP and some guy contacted him and paid cash, didn't argue price at all. I couldn't believe it. The lots are full of SXSs now.. :homer:
The HVAC units are still a little harder to get but the values haven't dropped as much as I feel like they should have by now. We're stockpiled with the cheaper stuff now. Hopefully they'll get some summer rebates going to move this crap.

Dealerships here are loaded with machines but they are not negotiable on price yet. FBMP is full of used units and they don’t seem to be selling fast, for sure not like they were two years ago.

The hot models are the full cab with heat and air. People DD the shit out of them since our state is sxs friendly. There’s definitely a market for this model right now, but how long will people continue to be willing or able to pay $40-50k for one?

Watched a video on this thing the other day out of curiosity.

Just of it was that it rode great, was fun, comfortable and kinda near rear cargo design with flip up or fold down seats. But was super loud inside, got half the range Polaris claimed (100 miles on 12 gallons, vs 200 :lmao:) and the rear doors on open like 7* :homer:

There's also a new full cab rzr I believe

Watched a video on this thing the other day out of curiosity.

Just of it was that it rode great, was fun, comfortable and kinda near rear cargo design with flip up or fold down seats. But was super loud inside, got half the range Polaris claimed (100 miles on 12 gallons, vs 200 :lmao:) and the rear doors on open like 7* :homer:

There's also a new full cab rzr I believe
After looking at all the goofy engineering shit they did to try to eliminate interior noise that's disappointing to hear. It'll fill a niche in the market but they'll be a warranty/maintenance nightmare like every other Polaris product.

They make a cab system for the 2024 RZR 1000 that looks better than anything they've done before but I won't hold my breath to see if it doesn't suck.

After looking at all the goofy engineering shit they did to try to eliminate interior noise that's disappointing to hear. It'll fill a niche in the market but they'll be a warranty/maintenance nightmare like every other Polaris product.

They make a cab system for the 2024 RZR 1000 that looks better than anything they've done before but I won't hold my breath to see if it doesn't suck.

I think the big issue is the rear cargo compartment being over the engine is an echo chamber.

It will be difficult to get away from the engine noise with everything being so compact. The fuel mileage surprises me. I can get around 20 with my commander.

I'm on a few FB pages for can am, one is specifically for the new generation of commander. It is insane how many people buy their new machine and then get on FB and complain about dust, heat, and noise. :laughing: It's a glorified atv, not a suv. They are expecting the ride/noise quality of a new Tahoe in an off road vehicle. And man do they get pissed when someone points that out. "but I spent $35k on this, I expect quality!"

Yeah, on the noise, there's at most a piece of plastic between the motorcycle engine and the cab. Maybe they did more on this new thing than a regular Ranger, but I still don't see it being sealed and sound proofed.

Top Back Refresh