What's new

New company for roll cage layout tools, drill press notcher.

CarterKraft

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
DFW
Watching some of there videos they have some really smart shit to solve problems I have had before. I use resort to modeling everything in bend tech just to make the miters/copes easy. The drill press notcher is something I have seen before in a diy stlye but this is a kit. The notcher sucks and I think I would adapt a Notchmaster, TN200 or other good notcher if was to try it.

1697804827056.jpeg

Really though I can't see using the piece of shit notcher to build that with but I like there development ideas.

The laser roll cage layout shit is nice too, it's all 3d printed so who knows if it sucks

Well yeah it's complicated but it's for production...

You're speed limited by the tooling. Drill press doesn't do anything other than make it a little easier. Even with a mid-tier 1/2 drill you're never lacking for power or feed pressure on anything under 2.5" tubing. It's always a question of "how hard can I lean into this without leaving hole saw teeth on the floor".

You're speed limited by the tooling. Drill press doesn't do anything other than make it a little easier. Even with a mid-tier 1/2 drill you're never lacking for power or feed pressure on anything under 2.5" tubing. It's always a question of "how hard can I lean into this without leaving hole saw teeth on the floor".
Sure, that is true.
There is a member here that had some strength issues and using a drill motor in a notcher was really hard on him, think he resolved it by switching to a right angle drill but something like this could make a big difference in control and force feedback to the operator.

Top Back Refresh