What's new

Nevada to adopt Cali's Emissions standards

You guys are all talking about emissions standards, however that article reads like its more about promoting zero emissions vehicles. Things like pushing for more electric or CNG vehicles and making the overall gas emissions standards tougher for new car manufacturers. I didn't read anything in there about increasing smog testing of current vehicles.

Most new vehicles already meet california emissions regardless of what state you buy them in. They've pretty much done away with federal emissions vehicles as so many other states have started adopting california standards.

Kevin

True. Most new cars meet Cal. standards because it's cheaper for the manufacturer to make one version than two versions.

Well there goes my cheap nevada land I was plann5on buying. Wait..... price should be lower soon. 160acres for 29k, I am thinking 15k

Someone needs to tell them that screwing the poors isn't progressive.

The “poor” don’t contribute to re-election campaigns, and are easily swayed to vote for a candidate using buzz words like “environment” and “for the children”.
New car dealers do contribute to reelection campaigns and are more interested in candidates that will force people to buy their product.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh