What's new

Nashville peeps

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
Taking wife and 2 daughters to Nashville for a concert at Bridgestone Arena. Staying in Brentwood but I'm going to drop them off and find a bar or someplace near the arena to watch Saturday Night football or titties. Or might just go back to the hotel.

Any bar worth going to that I can get parked, get in and get out when needed?

Taking wife and 2 daughters to Nashville for a concert at Bridgestone Arena. Staying in Brentwood but I'm going to drop them off and find a bar or someplace near the arena to watch Saturday Night football or titties. Or might just go back to the hotel.

Any bar worth going to that I can get parked, get in and get out when needed?
you're staying 20-50 minutes from the arena, depending on traffic.

In Brentwood, corner pub is pretty cool. Was a staple for a long time. Or head into Cool Springs and go to Drakes... good food and sushi.
Downtown, shoot... you won't have a hard time finding a bar. Anything on 2nd or broadway. for peoplewatching, check out Pinewood Social.

you're staying 20-50 minutes from the arena, depending on traffic.

In Brentwood, corner pub is pretty cool. Was a staple for a long time. Or head into Cool Springs and go to Drakes... good food and sushi.
Downtown, shoot... you won't have a hard time finding a bar. Anything on 2nd or broadway. for peoplewatching, check out Pinewood Social.
but will I be able to park and shit and be able to get out reasonably when the concert is over? Last time I did the broadway thing, we parked on the other side of the river and walked across the bridge thing

BTW, I do love the peoplewatching around Broadway

but will I be able to park and shit and be able to get out reasonably when the concert is over? Last time I did the broadway thing, we parked on the other side of the river and walked across the bridge thing

BTW, I do love the peoplewatching around Broadway

define reasonably.

probably park at music city center. But be aware that it won't be cheap. My last parking experience down town was just shy of $38 for 2.5 hours.

Downtown parking is a PITA and expensive. We don't drive and park downtown anymore. Uber costs a little more than parking, but it eliminates the headache.

If you're in Brentwood off of Moore's Ln, there are plenty of places to eat/drink there. Drop the girls off, let them Uber back. Should be ~$40 ride.

define reasonably.

probably park at music city center. But be aware that it won't be cheap. My last parking experience down town was just shy of $38 for 2.5 hours.
that would define unreasonably for me. that's like 2 drinks just to park

I'll prolly drive back to Brentwood area

Park and walk everyone across the river (or wherever else you want to park). Drop them off at bridgestone, walk to broadway. Drink beer, walk back and pick them up.

It’s time better spent than sitting in traffic getting into/out of downtown on a busy night.

actually, thinking of going and buying some underglow lights to put on the wife's mercedes and cruising broadway the whole time

When I went, we parked at the titans stadium for free and just walked over the bridge to downtown, was super easy.

Stayed in Franklin/Brentwood. Ate in Brentwood at some little shop my daughter wanted because of the brick oven pizza, it's in the same strip as Total Wine. Fucking great honey crusted chicken

Dropped the fam off at the concert on Broadway. Was good timing for start of Alabama game, so I just drove the 20 min back to hotel. Game ended and drove back to pick them up. Perfect timing.

A6E19BF4-A775-4256-B8E9-CB1AAA1FCAA5.jpeg

When I went back to pick them up, I got onto Broadway from 40 and a bunch of hoopties and thugs going S on broadway all pull into the oncoming traffic lanes to go into the 7-eleven. The cars around me stopped, I'm used to this sort of stupid shit living in Jackson, MS and just weaved through them before they completed their "street takeover". That was the extent of Broadway excitement. They shut down all the streets around there, so I just went to a parking lot and pulled in and the fam walked to me. easy-peasy. Since concert was over, no paying to park at the church parking lot next to the arena.

Got up and went to Total Wine and loaded up on a bunch of shit that we can't get in this fucked-up liquor laws state. Then went to Trader Joes and loaded up on a bunch of granola shit. There was a big ass fire somewhere east of 65 around Franklin/Brentwood. looked like a structure fire, single plume of gray turned black pretty quick

Wife wants to go back and spend a weekend downtown. It's busier/bigger than it was last time we went 4 or 5 years ago. Similar to going to bourbon/New Orleans just more expensive with less trash, stink, etc. But we want to go to just get a drunk on and barhop.

Bumping this thread. Heading to Nashville in a week for a few days to pick up a car and then drive home. 2 and 4 year old kids in tow. We are going to Bowling Green to do the Corvette Museum and would like to tour the Grand Ole Opry. Any other things that are good to do and are kid friendly? Are there any places with good Christmas decorations? What parts of town are good to stay in and safe? Any good restaurants we should check out?

Kids will probably be bored out of their minds at the Opry tour. Opryland Hotel is right next door though, and is probably the biggest Christmas light attraction in town. The whole thing is family oriented, and the kids will be blown away. It can be spendy though. You can park and walk through the hotel for reasonable enough money, but a room, meals, and all the attractions might be knocking on $1k for a family of 4. That'll get you into the indoor water park too though.

For the most part, the safety of an area will be directly proportional to the price. That being said, I've seen news crews on the street after shootouts in front of $1M+ homes I've worked on. Gentrification ain't instant.

There are plenty of good eats, all over town. Figure out where you're staying first.

Bumping this thread. Heading to Nashville in a week for a few days to pick up a car and then drive home. 2 and 4 year old kids in tow. We are going to Bowling Green to do the Corvette Museum and would like to tour the Grand Ole Opry. Any other things that are good to do and are kid friendly? Are there any places with good Christmas decorations? What parts of town are good to stay in and safe? Any good restaurants we should check out?
East of Nashville in Lebanon there is a drive thru light display called the dancing lights of Christmas at the fair grounds. They usually have bounce houses and petting zoo and similar stuff right up kids that age alley. The Opry hotel has a bunch of lights and decorations. It is spendy to have the kids do much though. The Lane motor museum is worth a stop also. It has a bunch of weird cars.

Kids will probably be bored out of their minds at the Opry tour. Opryland Hotel is right next door though, and is probably the biggest Christmas light attraction in town. The whole thing is family oriented, and the kids will be blown away. It can be spendy though. You can park and walk through the hotel for reasonable enough money, but a room, meals, and all the attractions might be knocking on $1k for a family of 4. That'll get you into the indoor water park too though.

For the most part, the safety of an area will be directly proportional to the price. That being said, I've seen news crews on the street after shootouts in front of $1M+ homes I've worked on. Gentrification ain't instant.

There are plenty of good eats, all over town. Figure out where you're staying first.
I learned this year you have to buy tickets for an event on the weekend to get in to the hotel. That is new, it used to be free and very cool.

It seems every tour site says to stay downtown, but most of the stuff down there doesn't seem kid friendly so I'm not sure the point to it.

This is like a bucket list for my wife. She wants to do the Opry and is considering doing the Country Music Hall of Fame. She has wanted to go to Nashville and do Graceland on the way home for years, but could never justify the time or expense. We bought a car about an hour away in Kentucky so we are flying up to get it and driving home. Since our kids are out of school we could go.

We are open to staying further out, but have no idea what is good.

Top Back Refresh