What's new

Nashville area real estate

Will12785

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Syracuse, NY
Just hypothetical at the moment, but potentially looking to relocate to Nashville. Lebanon area specifically.

What neighborhoods should I look at to get a realistic idea of the housing market? Ideal a place with room to park 3 or 4 cars in a driveway, so more rural than suburban.

My hobbies are reading books so I don't really care about near by amenities.

I don't know anything about the current neighborhood situation, but the one reality you must face is how to pronounce Lebanon. They don't say it like the name of the country, rather LEB-nin.

The market is crazy right now. Kid at work is looking in the 400ish range and is offering 110% asking and getting out bid. Sounds like you might be looking for similar. Not a ton of room but not a 80’x100’ lot.

Lebanon is about 40 miles east of Nashville, and not as attractive to as many of the transplants. DirtDrill and Wizzle are right. Properties are being bought sight unseen at greater than asking price. A buddy does trim carpentry and was working in a house while the realtor sole the place for $5 mil to a guy over facetime.

DRTDEVL is right. Lebanon is LEB-nin or LEB-uh-nin, definitely not -non. Maury County is also pronounced Murray. People say "huh?" when I pronounce it Maury like they don't know where I'm talking about.

If you're seriously looking at the area, be ready to make an offer on the spot when you see something you like. Be prepared to pay over list price.

I would look at the next county north of Wilson. Trousdale Co. Very rural and loads cheaper than Wilson.

Lebanon is the new mt Juliet.... growing fast AF.

what made you think about that area? There may be other options worth considering. I’d also consider going north.

but if you’re willing to do 130% of asking, I’ll sell you my place .... 🤣🤣

Lebanon is the new mt Juliet.... growing fast AF.

what made you think about that area? There may be other options worth considering. I’d also consider going north.

but if you’re willing to do 130% of asking, I’ll sell you my place .... 🤣🤣

Office is south of leb-nin 0n 840. I don't mind a commute and the Mrs. Works from home so no concern there.

I have ex in-laws there, and always enjoyed visiting, I'd consider living there, at least back then, the infrastructure was great, traffic moved fast and smoothly, compared to other cities I've been to

Office is south of leb-nin 0n 840. I don't mind a commute and the Mrs. Works from home so no concern there.

Makes me curious on how the 840 corridor is now. I left Murfreesboro in 08, and it was largely rural and low traffic volume along 840. But even then, it was growing quickly near I-24 and getting busier. It was easy to get into country living outside going east of 840 between Lebanon and Murfreesboro.

Maybe 10 min closer than from lebanon lol

I've lived 10 minutes outside of Murfreesboro for 7+ years in Rockvale. Just staying on 840, you should be able to find houses with land, plenty of parking, minimal neighbors, and no HOA's all along/close to that route in areas addressed but not necessarily part of Lebanon, Gladeville, Smyrna, Laverne.

We are pretty centrally located between I65 (North and South through TN etc.), I40 (East and West through TN etc.), and I24 (Northwest and Southeast through TN etc.). Plus being centrally located means there are several offroad parks within a 2-2.5 hours window.

Top Back Refresh