What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

My wasps have gone next level

ScottRS

Not @Rockstomper today
Member Number
Loc
Firestone, CO
Yellowjackets/wasps/stinging-aholes are a thing where I live, so I have the little yellow conical traps around for them. For the "bees are good, don't trap them" people: I actually check my traps for bees and let them out if I catch one, I've caught two in probably eight years. Bees aren't interested in my traps.

Anyway, my wasps built a nest in the bottom of one of the traps, and stung me this morning when I opened it up to put more bait (usually whatever soda I happen to be drinking at the time) in. Bastards.

HillbillyDeluxe

Not a Junior Member
Member Number
Loc
TEXAS
Sounds like you need to stop feeding them sugar like is a gd birthday party and put some poison in there.

Pat McRotch

UHURU 👌
Member Number
Honey bees good, don't kill. Yellow jacket/wasps bad, kill. Preferably with fire or some sort on explosion.

Santa

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
North Pool
You van buy the attractant separate. We buy in bulk for one of our facilities :eek:

Just dont get it on you, they will hunt you down:lmao:

shortbus4x4

Junk collector
Member Number
Loc
Post Falls ID
You van buy the attractant separate. We buy in bulk for one of our facilities :eek:

Just dont get it on you, they will hunt you down:lmao:

Sounds like that would be a good joke to play on my next camping trip. A bottle of attractant labeled as bug repellent.:lmao:

billdacat

No road...no problem.
Member Number
Loc
Utah or bust!
Buy a cheap ass bug zapper and cut away the protective plastic screen. Use a long poll to place the zapper on the nest; they will have a fucking field day stinging that zapper..(sic).

Riles

Member Number
They sell fake wasp nests. Apparently stinging bees/wasps don't like neighbors.

photo11608.jpg

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number

smurfblue40

Baconologyst
Member Number
Loc
Sloughhouse Ca
Plant mint and basil around that area. They don't like it.

Apparently they like to hang out in strawberry plants. Every time I water the strawberries, half a dozen of those fuckers come out filled with hate :mad3:

So far, I haven’t been stung by one :homer:

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA

Raygoddamn

Dumber than I look
Member Number
Loc
The Northern Tundra
I like how you drowned an entire nest in 2 cans of poison while slurping on a beer, then dug around in the poison-soaked wasp carcasses for half and hour with your hands, while slurping on a beer.

GCC perfection.

:grinpimp:

I only used one of those cans and I used a pair of tweezers to pick the bodies. But counting 424 of those little suckers included the consumption of a few more bottles of beer. Like I said.....it took a while :flipoff2:

That was four years ago and I'm still alive...lol

Huntmaster

Boob Inspector
Member Number
Loc
Middle of nowhere
This stuff works great - kills them almost instantly.

No, It doesn't. I've watched wasps get knocked down, then get right back up after a dose. It evaporates too fast. It takes carb cleaner to keep them down...the kind you don't dare wear a watch while using.

not2hye

Knucklehead
Member Number
Loc
Hellifornia

gyWWX1L.jpg

No, It doesn't. I've watched wasps get knocked down, then get right back up after a dose. It evaporates too fast. It takes carb cleaner to keep them down...the kind you don't dare wear a watch while using.

Gotta use the non ca complaint penray brake clean in the grey can. Doesn’t flash off fast, and will put you into another dimension if used with the garage door down.:laughing:

landscraper

Member Number

gyWWX1L.jpg

Hell yeah. Gotta have the chlorinated kind though. Add on the red tube for getting into the carpenter bee holes. They have a real bad time for 2-3 seconds and they're done.

Ickychron

Yep
Member Number
Loc
Placer
Perhaps it's just my imagination, but my wasp population seems definitely less this year after putting out bait stations for them a few months ago. I used cat food + Fipronil, placed in a yellow PVC pipe w/access holes for wasps; it's what an exterminator suggested