What's new

Must Have RED Cordless Unique Specialty Tools

PAToyota

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
South Central Pennsylvania, USA
Must Have Red Cordless Unique Specialty Tools

Prompted by this thread: Ryobi tools upgrade to ????

So a few of the comments there are that red or yellow is the better choice because of this or that offering.

There are the standard "must have" cordless tools everyone typically has - drill, driver, and impact. Then the typical power tools that people might get in cordless versions too - angle grinder, circular saw, sawzall, and such - depending on the work they do most frequently. Both colors have these categories covered pretty well and jockey back and forth year to year for having the best specs.

But what are some of the unique specialty tools in the red brand that people have found and have really appreciated? Things you might not normally be looking for, but really found a place in your tool arsenal once you had them? It can be difficult to find every tool in a brand's lineup. The box stores generally have a selection of the "must have" and "typical" tools and even looking at the brand websites, it can be difficult to go down every rabbit hole to see every single tool they have available.

I'll even open this up to "aftermarket" stuff that works with red batteries. I've found a few third party tools I've found useful that aren't made by the red brand itself.

Fuck off fanboy. There's already a containment thread for you people. :flipoff2:

I've been beyond content with the 8" cordless metal cutting saw. The Diablo brand blades are not up to par with the Milwaukee and Evolution brands. I tried to give them a shot since they are so abundant but nope, the other two way outlast the diablo stuff.

Thats 6AL-4V x 0.100" titanium sheet in the one pic.

20230729_154104 (1).jpg

20220404_143341.jpg

20220404_145238.jpg

We've been using the hell out of the M12 Band File here at work lately... Also bought M18-M12 battery adapters so we only have to carry 1 kind of battery on the work truck...

1709305613382.png

We've been using the hell out of the M12 Band File here at work lately... Also bought M18-M12 battery adapters so we only have to carry 1 kind of battery on the work truck...

1709305613382.png

Very nice!:smokin:

These are pretty nifty. Got a 3/8 one. Really nice for things like oil pans with lots of small screws. Motor brings it down to fairly snug and then it works like a digital torque wrench to tighten.

That being said I think they retail for like $750, so not sure it's cool enough to pay that. Wife's cousin works for the Milwaukee engineering and apparently had this one as a factory reject.

He also talked at one point about the differences in design life and testing between Ryobi and Milwaukee. Can't say anything specific, but I will say you certainly get what you pay for.

1709336718567.png

I'm quite happy with the mag drill.

1000000253.jpg
Ooooooooo… I really want one of these but 110V. I wouldn’t use it much but still want one. I used one once in a while when I worked in a fab shop. I used it to tap large hole with it. It fawking worked awesome. Slow the speed down, use thread cutting oil and fingers on the forward / reverse buttons. I actually had to have a big tap sent out to have the shank turned down to fit in the drills chuck. It handled that tap no sweat too.

I want to get a Milwaukee M18 chain saw. But my fear is I won’t fire up my Stihl pro tree climbing 16” saw and I’d end up with carb problems from setting too long.

I want to get a Milwaukee M18 chain saw. But my fear is I won’t fire up my Stihl pro tree climbing 16” saw and I’d end up with carb problems from setting too long.

You won't. I have the cordless saw, and it has its place, but it is not a gas powered saw. It is a great tool but if you are doing a good bit of cutting, the cordless kinda gets tiresome. I even did the Oregon bar swap in mine. It mostly gets used for trail limbing and heavier pruning work.

The M18 Chainsaw is perfect for clearing 1 tree out of the trail per battery. No more. It was all I carried for 2 years, and the batteries croaked.

My rule of thumb on battery equipment is that if you plan on using it for more than 30 minutes continuously, get the gas version.

Also the Red Weed eater head is driven by a plastic gear.....

Top Back Refresh