What's new

Mudflaps on rock crawlers

GGRR 4555

Member Number
I need to throw mud flaps at the 1 ton JK before the state of California catches me. Who has a cool mud flap setup on their rig? Photos or details appreciated.

Right on, I might go the simple route but wouldn't mind adding a little style. I figured some guys on Irate have gotten really creative on the mud flap front...?

I supposed you could stick a couple of these to your mudflaps if your wanting to church it up a bit:flipoff2:

1708633705570.png

I have never been hassled when I lived in CA surprisingly. I like the square tube quick disconnect setup

They worked pretty well. I still have them in the garage altho i havent used them in years. PA cares (a lot) more about flares than mud flaps.

Years ago where I lived they were just all over lifted trucks. It was pretty new with the giant tire scene then and the local LEO's didn't know what to do.

I have always used a square tube system like the one posted above. For the actual flap I used conveyer belt. They make it in in different textures and thicknesses. You buy it at an industrial supply house and it works well. Will use this system again here when I get a minute.

Years ago where I lived they were just all over lifted trucks. It was pretty new with the giant tire scene then and the local LEO's didn't know what to do.

I have always used a square tube system like the one posted above. For the actual flap I used conveyer belt. They make it in in different textures and thicknesses. You buy it at an industrial supply house and it works well. Will use this system again here when I get a minute.
Conveyer belt is a super cool idea!

They worked pretty well. I still have them in the garage altho i havent used them in years. PA cares (a lot) more about flares than mud flaps.

PA is the only state I've ever been stopped in for stupid shit like flares. When I lived in MA the law was "Any attempt to cover the tire of a 4x4 vehicle is considered legal" so my tube fenders covering at most 1/3 of the tire was fine. Went to Rousch Creek to wheel with friends and we all got our balls busted the second we left the park and hit the streets. Cop was not happy when I started sighting Massachusetts law where my jeep was registered and passed inspection regularly.

Yeah it's dumb. Some areas the cops can be real dicks about dumb stuff like that. I'm honestly surprised I don't get harassed every time I drive mine down the road.

Top Back Refresh