What's new

Motorcycle rental loaner helmets?

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I want to add 50 cc scooters to my fleet.

I am ready to buy a bunch of them.

Only thing I do not have figured out is the helmets.

I am thinking just buying some half helmets.

Do they make disposable liners or washable liners?

It is hot as fuck here in the summer and people are going to sweat in the helmets something nasty.

What can i do to keep it somewhat sanitary?

I once drove some go carts that required helmets, they were full face and they gave you a freshly washed liner thing you put on your face before the helmet.

Do they make something like that in a beanie style that would work for 1/2 helmets?

I got nothin' except if you don't own your own helmet you probably have no business on a motorized cycle.

I got nothin' except if you don't own your own helmet you probably have no business on a motorized cycle.

Not exactly. We flew to Vegas once and rented a motorcycle to run around for the day. All of my expensive helmets were at home, 2000 miles away. They had an assortment of helmets to use there though. We made sure of this, before we went on the trip. Not having to deal with a helmet on an airplane, was nice.

I think when I did some track stuff in Vegas a few years ago, renting a Lamborghini, they give you a hair net (Beenie type) to use the helmet they provided. I can’t remember exactly.

I think when I did some track stuff in Vegas a few years ago, renting a Lamborghini, they give you a hair net (Beenie type) to use the helmet they provided. I can’t remember exactly.

yea something shaped like a hair net but made of something that absorbs sweat would be perfect.

These are 50 cc scooters that go 35 mph downhill, not something that even requires a motorcycle endorsement.

have you never been to South Beach or places like that? Scooter rentals is a huge business.

In sturgis every year Harley and now recently Indian let you test their bikes on a ~15 mile test ride, nobody brings their own helmets they just pick one of the 30 or so that are sitting there and put it on and go. Even last week during the ‘pandemic’, nobody gives a shit. It’s like bowling shoes

yea something shaped like a hair net but made of something that absorbs sweat would be perfect.

I would think so. Plus, most helmet liners are removable, so you could wash them after x uses or something.

These are 50 cc scooters that go 35 mph downhill, not something that even requires a motorcycle endorsement.

have you never been to South Beach or places like that? Scooter rentals is a huge business.

The only beach that I've been to in my adult life is Santa Cruz.

I've never seen scooter rentals but I guess I've never actually looked. So are bicycle helmets good enough?

They have helmet liners. The places like andrettis are almost all rental helmets and use them, there are also anti-lice type sprays for them.

But anyone who goes to a carribean country and rents an atv/scooter/dirt bike puts on a borrowed helmet with no liner, no remaining chin strap and DOT spelled wrong on the back. Most of them survive with few complications

The only beach that I've been to in my adult life is Santa Cruz.

I've never seen scooter rentals but I guess I've never actually looked. So are bicycle helmets good enough?

I think a DOT helmet is required so I am going to go with the DOT approved 1/2 helmets.

Sell buff bandanas at your store. Leave it up to them if they want one or not. I know I'd buy one to wear under the helmet. Just keep the helmets clean maybe even ozenate them.

A thin beanie, called a helmet liner? No need to go full baklava, but just sell both. They will get disgusting no matter what.
And you can wash the helmets in a bathtub every 3 months.

Someone will whine about the half helmets too. Maybe get some real ones as well?

What about a room to sanitize and dry them out quickly? Like a closet with UV lights and major air circulation.

​​​​​​Some sort of last in last out rotation system on slanted shelves.
​​​​​​

Last edited:
You could get your logo on some?? Souvenir? Everyone needs them now days. I think it would be perfect.

This.

Here is a helmet liner that is a purchase item at the racing kart place that I go to. Bring your own or use a provided helmet. Use a provided helmet then you are required to purchase a liner. Bring your liner then don’t worry about purchasing a new one.

Works good for promotion and keeps the germ phobic people happy.

BEB99808-DD77-47C0-9DF1-32CDD682CAEF.jpeg

This.

Here is a helmet liner that is a purchase item at the racing kart place that I go to. Bring your own or use a provided helmet. Use a provided helmet then you are required to purchase a liner. Bring your liner then don’t worry about purchasing a new one.

That is the same type liner that was at the go cart track here.

Looking for something like that but for a 1/2 helmet.

This.

Or just have the cost of them factored into the rental and provide them for "free". I'm not a big germ guy, but I sure as hell don't want lice from some helmet that's been on a million people's heads.

Sell buff bandanas at your store. Leave it up to them if they want one or not. I know I'd buy one to wear under the helmet. Just keep the helmets clean maybe even ozenate them.

I rented a quad in Wyoming, the guy suggested we buy bananas for $4ea for the dust, they were custom made with their logo and quads on them, hard to say no to a $4 useful souvenir on vacation, Boss nailed it

they had bookshelves of helmets, substantially more than machines to rent. They probably just hit them with Lysol

I rented a quad in Wyoming, the guy suggested we buy bananas for $4ea for the dust, they were custom made with their logo and quads on them, hard to say no to a $4 useful souvenir on vacation, Boss nailed it

they had bookshelves of helmets, substantially more than machines to rent. They probably just hit them with Lysol

Ok, after the input here I think I will just buy 2-3x the amount of helmets I need and offer bandannas for a couple of bucks.

I am pretty excited about this idea and looking to make it happen this month.

Logo printed welder/biker do-rag hat things? Have washed rental ones for a couple bucks, purchase a new one at whatever price you need to be at to be ok?

Top Back Refresh