What's new

Most superior work boots?

Reebok Rapid Response. It has an oil slip resistant sole composite toe and/or side zip are options. It's available in 6"-8" heights and your typical .mil colors. It's a very supportive boot so buy a wide version or half a size bigger if you have any doubt about fitment.

Also they're only a hundred bucks a pop and last 2+yr of constant walking on asphalt.

These on the light side or heavy like my current Timberland Pro's? I need a new pair of boots and those sound and look about right for what I want. I'm done with the Timberlands, sick of walking around all day with weights on my feet. Lol

These are my favorite boots I've ever owned and owe still having my right toes to. A 18' piece of 14" I beam fell from 5' up on the steel toe. It cut the leather, but that was all. https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/m...ole-2.0-02416.html?cgid=men's-work-waterproof

First pair lasted 9 years of 6 day a week of industrial abuse on original soles. The leather finally split where toe area meet the base of the laces. Second pair is now a year old and holding up just as well. They are extremely comfortable to wear on concrete all day or working out in the woods.

I have a lot of shoes as my work and play conditions vary quite a bit plus the seasons and I like to rotate about 3 pairs for each set of conditions. Timberland have been far and away the most durable over the last 20 years.

I been stuck on Redbacks a few years now. I prefer the zippered ones so I don't have to unlace all the time.

Well my thorogoods are still going strong but if I dont use my boot money for the year I loose it. So I checked into the Carolinas like someone here said. I ended up with these. They are cheaper and I ended up only paying about 20 bucks out of pocket. Checking them out they look like they are well made, they have more room in the heal than my thorogoods, not sure if I'm gonna like that or not. I'll let you know how they hold up in a bit.
Screenshot_20201102-115448_Chrome.jpg
n84087
20201118_170641.jpg

guess I'm not used to that, since I normally wear hiking boots, they don't usually need to break in much. I'll stick with it, see how it goes :-)

So how'd it go?

These on the light side or heavy like my current Timberland Pro's? I need a new pair of boots and those sound and look about right for what I want. I'm done with the Timberlands, sick of walking around all day with weights on my feet. Lol

I haven't worn real "work" boots in over a decade but they're definitely on the lighter side as far as combat boots go.

Well my thorogoods are still going strong but if I dont use my boot money for the year I loose it. So I checked into the Carolinas like someone here said. I ended up with these. They are cheaper and I ended up only paying about 20 bucks out of pocket. Checking them out they look like they are well made, they have more room in the heal than my thorogoods, not sure if I'm gonna like that or not. I'll let you know how they hold up in a bit.

I cant find them anywhere in stock as the factory was shut down for a while due to COVID

So what's the recommendation for leather care? I remember obenhaufs being mentioned as well as mink oil. I see otter wax, bickmore, huberds, skidmore, leathermilk and leather honey.

Top Back Refresh