What's new

Most delayed home repair?

No. A water heater is probably the only appliance that can't be converted.

However, I don't see the price difference being double.:confused:

Interesting - didn't know that.

On the top of delayed home repairs.... I still have to trim the entire house with base & case, since I did the concrete floors.....4 years ago? 2 bathrooms to remodel as well. :barf: And some paneling to pull off the wall and patch behind. I started working on this house 8 years ago. :homer:

After 10 yrs of my wife hating the from walk we replaced it yesterday.

Now she just has to paint the steps.

Old.

old walkway.jpg

New.

new walkway.jpg

Access to attic cuz no access to attic.

Gutters need additional downspouts.

French Drain

Open up living room entrance

Basement ceiling.

Working on the ceiling now though.

No. A water heater is probably the only appliance that can't be converted.

However, I don't see the price difference being double.:confused:

I don’t know why. But the 40 gal nat gas Rheem unit was $377. The 40 gal propane Rheem was $799. The BTU rating is less on propane even though propane is better fuel. The whole thing was weird.

the old one hadn’t been working all the great and when we pulled it we found out it was partially full of scale and sediment. New one is a substantial improvement

Sink in my small bathroom hasn't had a drain on it for 1/2 a year now. Every time I see it I say "I'll get to that this weekend". :lmao:

After 10 yrs of my wife hating the from walk we replaced it yesterday.

Now she just has to paint the steps.

New.

I have that same bench in a similar location. Nobody sits on it and it's a PITA to trim around. Needs to go away. Your walkway much improved.

As for my delayed project. I built a addition on our house. Then the old part of the house developed a leak. Installed new metal roof on that part. Of course the addition didn't leak, but has shingles. It would look so much better if I did it in metal. Just hard to fix a roof that doesn't leak.

My parents lived in the same 2000 sq ft 2 story house for a few weeks shy of 45 years and never had more than a large window shaker ac unit installed in a downstairs wall. The upstairs was always miserable in the summer time. They decided to sell and installed 2 mini splits, 1on each floor. After 44 years the house was finally comfortable. :homer:

The sold it and moved into a double wide with central air and now they're tickled shitless.

Had this happen in the summer of '16. Contractor across the street hooked a line and shorted stuff at the pole on the corner of mine and the neighbor's yard, blew up both our meters, dropped my service into the hedges and on top of my F350. In the process I lost about 20 feet of fence, it cracked my big picture window and burning shit put holes in the awning over the porch. Window got fixed this year, still haven't taken care of the fence or the awning.

4YViWZt.jpg

I just changed out a 24 year old water heater. I know they aren’t supposed to last that long but it did. And even though it went double overtime, I still didn’t change it till it popped and flooded the walls and floor. Interesting fact, a propane water heater is over double the price of a nat gas one.

The one I just replaced was about the same vintage, still worked fine and hadn't popped yet but the stupid little "Energy Smart" controller box on the top tried to catch fire. I guess the shitty wire they used wasn't rated to live that long.

Snow destroyed my gutters 3 years ago. Haven’t touched them.

Also, I hate electricity. Too many extension cords on the shop. I bought all the parts 4 years ago to run all new Romex, outlets, and switches.

Another vote for quarter round

Bought house in 2001, ripped all the various flooring up and threw down pergo laminate right before we moved in. I finally trimmed it in 05-06. :laughing:

I only finish the houses a few months before I sell them. Buy cheap shit boxes in decent area and fix it up as you go, no shame.

Last edited:
had termites a year or so back. Ive punched a hole and used a bore scope and the damage isnt bad but i should do something about it.

I bought a garbage disposal 5 years ago and havent installed it.. the converted garage needs to be raise at the drive way

I got a bunch of shit to do and now i dont want to thing about it

Firewood. I have yet to be done with firewood. It doesn't end.

I had a bathroom gutted for 7 years and finally paid someone to finish it last December. Last year I cobbled our water heater backer together to work "until the end of the winter" and it blew up almost a year later to the day, of course when my wife had the COVID and the dr said to take steaming hot showers.:rolleyes:

I've been siding my house for 4 years now, got the sides I look at done, and the other 2 not so much, Still has the old siding and 100 year old windows on it. Remodeled the bedroom a few year ago and took out a closet wall, and moved a doorway. Still using the old carpet with remnants stapled down where the wall was. Would be a pretty nice house If i finished those projects. Was going to do both this year but the rona screwed up my income stream and we decided that the house could wait a bit longer.

Damn, speaking my language. Bought the house 8 years ago. Still have a deck that should have been replaced then. Have siding to do. I put in laminate, still have some base boards to do- like behind the fridge and washer/dryer. Need to put something where laminate butts to the fireplace.

Built house in 2003. I never wrapped the beams under the covered porch when I did the siding. I am building a shed and have to get out the sheet metal brake to do the fascia on it. Maybe I'll wrap those beams while I am at it.

There was carpet in the master bath when I moved in 10 years ago...I tore it out:barf:

Still walking around on wood :laughing:

Mines been in 20 years, haven't tore it out yet. it's still on the list.

Top Back Refresh