What's new

Montezuma tool box, or ?

Baconator

Member Number
I am in need of getting a real tool box for a truck. I currently have a Rigid box with most of my tools in it, but its a pain to get things out of, and after driving down a rough road nothing is left where it was.
My Deere dealer has some of these Montezuma Boxes and they look pretty nice, they're painted green so not really my thing, but I like how they are organized and puts everything in front of you. Looks like everything should stay put as well.
Wondering if anyone has any feedback on them, or if there is an alternative I should be looking at.
me300al_main_img_1_1.jpg

We have the black steel version of that box on our service truck. It works great for us.

The only problem we have had with it is leaving the lid open and driving with a gooseneck trailer. The tongue hits the lid and folds it back so you have to buy a new one. :homer:

Never had one myself, but i’ve been around a bunch of guys using them... Pretty badass as far as access compared to a standard cross-bed or something. Just uglier than hell unless it’s a flatbed or something to begin with.

Never had one myself, but i’ve been around a bunch of guys using them... Pretty badass as far as access compared to a standard cross-bed or something. Just uglier than hell unless it’s a flatbed or something to begin with.

Several hundred pounds of tools up there also makes for great handling, especially when you're also hauling shit on a ladder rack.

Top Back Refresh