What's new

Modern 4 cylinder swap options

-I have to empty the oil catch can about every 800 mi. From what I read this is not alarming since I just have it vented to atmosphere, no vacuum on it or anything. It is pretty small too, about the size of a coffee cup. Open to advice on potential remedies for this.. it doesn't bother me that much though.

-Figured out the really annoying bucking issue I had in traffic when just barely touching the throttle to creep along. I was getting into decel fuel cut, had the tps threshold set about 3% too high. It is now as joyous as a manual trans car can be when creeping along in traffic
heh figured that one out on a hunting idle lol
only tipoff was the "decel fuel cut" light coming on in tunerstudio when it'd be in the downswing of RPM

re the catch can, what's your intercooler look like?
if it is something where the outlet is basically on the bottom and your piping from there to the throttle body is small enough that it'll draw through, put the CCV into the turbo inlet after the air filter/maf
the slight vacuum from the air filter is enough to draw a little bit of suck on your crankcase which has all kinds of benefits

I always liked jeep and ferd I-6 for torque and ease of access. If you're willing to go diesel, the parrot (but right) answer is 6bt, but there are i-4s that re more efficient & effective....as long as he swap is in your project budget.

Last edited:
heh figured that one out on a hunting idle lol
only tipoff was the "decel fuel cut" light coming on in tunerstudio when it'd be in the downswing of RPM

Thats how I found it too! Spent a while trying to tune it out playing with all sorts of shit off idle and finally noticed the light flashing as it was bucking like crazy.

I always liked jeep and ferd I-6 for torque and ease of access. If you're willing to go diesel, the parrot (but right) answer is 6bt, but there are i-4s that re more efficient & effective....as long as he swap is in your project budget.
Paid attention to the thread I see.

Anyone want to own this thing?

Threw it up on CL for $7500 but i'd cut one of you a better deal. Would trade for an enclosed trailer

Getting serious about moving out of state in a few months and doubt I can take this with me.

Last edited:
How bad is the chassis rust?
I know you patched the floors kinda but where else is hosed?
Roof is trashed, rain gutters and A pillars are the worst of it. Has paint bubbling here and there on the body.

Chassis itself is rust free, I welded in subframe connectors so it is solid structurally. There is evidence that it took a decent hit at some point in its life, I have it aligned well enough that it drives straight and doesn't pull.

Took some pics for a couple potential buyers. Figured I'd put them up here to keep everything together so i can beat myself up in a year or so when I miss this thing

IMG_6027.jpeg
IMG_6028.jpeg

IMG_6029.jpeg

Thanks!

Guy came by last night and hit me with $7k and I couldn't say no. He's in for a fun time time, didn't even know what an AFR gauge was.

Stay tuned for your next installment of watching an idiot spend all his time and money on a silly project and unload it in less than a year

Wish I could have bought it.
Maybe in a year I can get it on the cheap. 😎
Real good chance.

I tried talking him out of it, told him straight up he was in over his head. He insisted on giving me the cash and driving it home despite my warnings

Top Back Refresh